• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Marshall Street!

Thanks Hoey, for what a Traditional Business model would likely call a lightning fast response to an internet forum posting. I'll be sending y'all an email first chance I get to discuss this further.

For me it was never a test of the speed of y'all's customer service, but rather alternate methods of contact between a customer and a business. Part One of the experiment happened on Twitter, my preferred method of interaction. Check ur mentions and you will find it.

And yes, this thing I'm typing into can make phone calls too…my dad did that when he wanted to verify the online order he made with y'all when he bought me a set of quad shocks for Christmas. Even he was very impressed with y'all's service.

And now for some housekeeping:

GMC supports This Old House.

Maybe I should write a letter to This Old House magazine because the trim on my wife's vehicle is loose.

Just so they know....

Thank you. You just proved my point. Old media/New Media, Passive Media/Social Media.

To those of you, including my wife, who feel my tactics were in bad form, my apologies. However, if a company is going to put their face and name out in a social media type setting, then they are going to have to expect customers to use it to interact on occasion that things go wrong.

@inourdr thx for quashing any rumors I was a MSt employee. If you have any info pertaniant to the moon landing or JFK, please tell us now.

I feel really bad for alpha_dave. Not because of the disc but because he seems like such a gigantic tool...

Meh…been called worse.

Soooo, next time I'm pissed at Best Buy, I should go stand out on the corner* and complain?

*By corner, I mean on the same street about a mile away

Soooo, next time I'm pissed at Best Buy, I should go stand out on the corner* and complain?

*By corner, I mean on the same street about a mile away

Now who's becoming the tool, I wonder... There's really nothing wrong with this thread. It's ripping on MSt a little bit, but it's also giving people an expectation on what could happen when you buy a disc without first seeing it in person.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned if it was a regular disc, but I would definitely feel kind of bad about this if it were my disc, and I would wonder if other people experienced the same results.

As a business owner, I would want to know as soon as possible and as directly as possible so I could take care of the situation to the best of my abilities. I do recognize that not every customer is willing (or courageous/mature enough) to deal with a problem directly, even if I, as the owner, or one of my managers attempt to address the issue openly as it is happening. We've had things come up on Facebook that we've dealt with, and worse people post on Yelp! where we have no way to fix the situation. Sooo...

As far as this expiriment, I'm not a big fan of the dirty laundry first MO, but as long as the OP posts the whole experience and gives Marshall Street the opportunity to make good, then I guess it is just part of the world we live in and the role social media plays. What is nice about the forum is that MSt has an active precense on this forum and can actively address situations here and respond to posts here directly. OP also was not critical of MSt's customer service in any post, which I think reflects that he was really doing this as an expiriment.

Experiment in Modern Customer Service, Part II:

My wife got me a sweet Huk Labs dyed Roc for Christmas, but when I took the price tag off...not so sweet...
what gives?

sorry if i sound like an ass but i asked my gf for that exact roc for christmas and i ended up getting a gift certificate. i'm glad i didn't get a ms dye job i bet that happens to everything they dye

The only complaint I have to Marshall Street is that I tend to go broke every time I am on their site!

I've had a good experience with them...
Awhile back, I wanted the two color-shift Havocs they had. So I ordered them, and some other stuff, to get free shipping (duh). So my order was like 55 bucks.
Well, that day, the online inventory and the store front inventory were divorced for an upgrade or something, and before they packaged my order, someone bought one of the Havocs in person!
Well, they called me up, and even though the order fell below $50, they still sent it free. And they said that when they did get one of those Havocs, I could order it, and get just that one disc shipped free. Well, I got other Havocs from around here, so I never cashed in the favor, but I still think it was cool of them to offer, and as a result, I usually check there first when poking around online. Thanks MSt!

Now who's becoming the tool, I wonder... There's really nothing wrong with this thread. It's ripping on MSt a little bit, but it's also giving people an expectation on what could happen when you buy a disc without first seeing it in person.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned if it was a regular disc, but I would definitely feel kind of bad about this if it were my disc, and I would wonder if other people experienced the same results.

He's not trying to rip on MSt, he's trying to make them do all the work for his complaint (posting here and hoping they find it) instead of directing his complaint towards them in the most expedient manner possible (email, telephone).

If my neighbor has a problem with my lawn, he'll come talk to me about it. He doesn't call all the neighborhood and tell them first.

If my neighbor has a problem with my lawn, he'll come talk to me about it. He doesn't call all the neighborhood and tell them first.

Doesn't he?

:|

Doesn't he? :|

Marshal Street has never let me down. There have been several orders that they have gone above and beyond. Their quick response to this thread does not surprise me.

i dont see what the appeal is for huk lab

They have some interesting shirt designs, and their dri-fit is pretty comfortable. I have a few of their shirts but I've only gotten them with tournament wins. I would NEVER pay what they ask for their apparel and gear.

Those prices for some weak ass stamp. They got you drinking the kool-aid.

Those prices for some weak ass stamp. They got you drinking the kool-aid.

Never owned a Nike product, I assume?

Not trying to justify a $20 single color dye, but I think the trifly design is sweet, and I respect the idea of a premium brand in disc golf.