• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Things have changed, these are from previous posts of mine:

May 2020:
Putter: Legacy Clutch
Midrange: DGA Rift
Driver: Innova Sidewinder

Aug 2020:
Legacy Clutch
DGA Breaker
Innova Sidewinder

Now...it's:
Gateway Wizard
Latitude 64 Compass
Kastaplast Falk

Funny that I saw this thread as I only have 3 discs - the Innova starter set (Leopard, Shark, Aviar); I'm getting better at throwing them (by crappy novice standards). So my answer to this question is......my entire bag :cool:

Last edited:
Chucker60 - Heck no, that won't be a problem. You have everything you need right there.

In 2018, I had:
Opto Saint Pro (I've had so many of them. And I throw them really well. Just can't seem to keep from losing them in ignominious ways.)
Warship (Still bag three of them at once. I'll always carry these.)
Warden (Lost two in one day. Good riddance.)

Today, it would be:
Star Thunderbird
ESP Swirly Glow Comet or Lucid EMac Truth
Aviar (I bought another 2-Chains from '91. If you touch it, you'll need to wipe the buttah off your hands...Believe it. That's some magical stuff they made those out of...)

Funny that I saw this thread as I only have 3 discs - the Innova starter set (Leopard, Shark, Aviar); I'm getting better at throwing them (by crappy novice standards). Thinking of playing in a local tournament because I'm into really humbling experiences; I plan on using just the 3 discs I have. Shouldn't be a problem right?

the Leopard is your friend. got my first ace on one.

11/8/21:

Clutch
Comet
Valkyrie? Honestly I could throw in like 97 different molds or speeds here

Ummm...

Clutch
Comet
STILL LITERALLY ANYTHING - Drone maybe? I don't need a driver I need to make putts from farther out lol

Funny that I saw this thread as I only have 3 discs - the Innova starter set (Leopard, Shark, Aviar); I'm getting better at throwing them (by crappy novice standards). Thinking of playing in a local tournament because I'm into really humbling experiences; I plan on using just the 3 discs I have. Shouldn't be a problem right?

Go for it!

today I used: Viper
Wombat
Pig

found myself using the Pig as a long approach disc a lot. played the long tees, so didn't appreciate my score. :(

Have I been here lately?

Soft cosmic envy electron 174 for the putts and drives

Hex 169 neutron for the stable

Insanity for the win... 158 cosmic n right now...

I could get stuff done with that

Hmmm that would still be solid, not messing with the insanity right now focusing on Tesla/ Relay. Lately I've been playing

Envy
Uplink
Tesla

Driver: Westside Underworld (VIP)
Mid: Westside Tursas (VIP)
Putter: Latitude Pure (Opto)

Now that I've been playing (constantly) for a few months, my understable discs are starting to become less trustworthy. :\

Driver: Latitude River (VIP)
Mid: Axiom Hex (Neutron)
Putter: Latitude Pure (Opto)

Keystone
Buzzz
Destroyer

If it's a shorter course I'd swap the Destroyer for a Firebird

Well, I came up to Alaska for a vacation, but I didn't want to bring any of my regular bag.

I ended up bringing a Gold line Pure, an Opto Compass, both of which are a decently beat, and an only field thrown 2020 Ledgestone Heat. Made for a very good combination.

3 discs I haven't thrown, but would like to:

Putter: Gateway Voodoo
Mid: Lat 64 Fuze
Driver: Millennium JLS

I'm still new to the game and only have a few discs. Right now I'd go with:

Driver = Leopard
Mid = Buzzz
Putter = Soft Magnet

What are your three?

Driver - Leopard or Cheetah
Mid - Roc / Vroc - I need something that curves and my putter can go straight
Putter - Colt

I typically only play with three discs. Teebird3, Zone, and Berg.
Has worked well so far for me throwing RHFH, but left turns sometimes an issue. lol

Latest posts