• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Depends on the course but for me Star Wraith, DX Roc, and Prime Judge would get the job done. Would sub Z Comet for Roc on a tight wooded course for easier hyzer flips and upshot flicks. Playing with a skinny bag is a lot of fun, my scores don't suffer much for it and I find myself getting more out the discs than when playing with a full bag. It would be nice to see some 3-disc/disc-limited tournaments, without having to pay for and use 3 new discs.

Hot take: Disc golf seems to have gone the way of ball golf in this way, passing the point of diminishing returns on equipment technology and now just churning out the same stuff with superficial differences from earlier models and no meaningful improvement to be gained. To me small-headed drivers and wound balls are the ball golf equivalent of understable discs. Big headed titanium drivers and multilayered balls are the equivalent of fast overstable discs. Both games changed profoundly and, in my opinion, for the worse when this bridge was crossed. This is a huge derail but an interesting topic, not sure if it's been covered but haven't seen any discussion in my ~1 year on this forum.

At the moment, a 146g Mamba, 158g Lat 64 Diamond, and Soft Magnet. But only playing 3-4 months, and my favorites are still a work in progress. That might be cheating - trying to call the Diamond a mid, but at this point, I still find my mids nearly useless. Update: Change my Mamba to a light weight Tern.

Last edited:
Westside VIP Air King 157g
Innova G Star Roc 3 170g
Dynamic Discs Fuzion Judge 168g (good luck finding these, I still have 2 backups)

Depending on the wind conditions I might swap the King
for an Innova G Star Mamba 139g.

CryZtal Challenger
CryZtal Meteor
CryZtal Glide

Plasma Wave good with wind, no wind, and wooded lines.
Eclipse Hex straight in. Can turn it, slow it down will fade.
Plasma Envy good from C1, and beyond C2.

Plasma envy
Soft neutron uplink
Neutron Rhythm

Envy does stable and putts, uplink does understable to straight, rhythm is good for me fh or bh.

Soft Neutron Proxy
Eclipse Reactor
Neutron Crave

I'd take a Wrath over the Crave for more open / windy courses.

Latest posts