• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your Favorite Roller (Distance)

Wow

Insanity is out. did it get too flippy or something?

not for sure but I lost a few and gave away my last one so want to revisit the inertia for this spot in the bag being the virus is out now I find it very much like a seasoned insanity.

I wouldn't say it got too flippy at all as it still was a pretty straight disc thrown on a hyzer flip just also came across some slight dome ones and like a flatter top which inertia seems to be on point with. My bag is a mess right now I don't even go with a set one at the moment really just messing around with a lot of stuff from molds to form etc.

My distance roller go-to is a 150g Zero G (Blizzard) Scorpius. I'm throwing Sirius Scorpius's for regular distance drivers, so having one for my roller disc makes lots of sense and the Zero G is less stable than Sirius so it makes a great roller. It's also the only disc I've ever thrown over 500 feet (as a roller or otherwise), so it definitely earned the distance roller spot in my bag.

Icon Mongoose is my go to backhand roller disc. On my best roller it easily went over 400' and then only reason it stopped (luckily) is because it hit a fence. It's definitely a shot I need to work on more.

for me its the Mongoose hands down... It makes throwing rollers effortless lol .. The one in my bag is so flippy now i can do hyzerflip rollers with it .. Bandit is also a very clean rolling mold but just doesnt seem to cover the ground my goose does .. i dont have much of an arm so tend to throw lots of rollers be it fh or bh for max d and my longest throws ever have easily been with my Icon Mongoose.. In the past i have used worn star sidewinders, se leopards, avenger ss, or just random beat dx anything lol but the Mongoose has blown the others away on roller potential .. for me anyway ..

Last edited:
nah mines 168 but i dont throw anything max weight .. drivers 168 .. mids and putters 173-175 .. but i would venture to think that a max weight one would still be a roller machine for most .. i dont have much of an arm and its an effortless flip for me .. i throw 300..320 on a very good day lol .. in the air that is :)

neutron impulse for me. I've only tried a handful of discs on rollers, but an impulse can get me a good 400+ ft on a roller when i hit the line right

That disc you stopped using because you had to fight to keep it from turning over? That's your roller. For me it's a beat up Cyclone. Once cheap plastic gets chewed up it becomes more understable and easier to turn over.

It can beat past the sweet spot too easily, but at times I like it for Bh rollers. DX Valks for instance can be nice.

Forces and Hurricanes (I prefer to force an anhyzer with an overstable disc)

If I'm throwing a hyzer-flip roller, a Squall is my disc of choice. (Or a Leopard ... those two trade spots in my bag once or twice a year.)

Forces and Hurricanes are premium plastic, Squall and Leopard I have premiums and baselines that I like rolling equally.

Mongoose works great, for as flippy and easy as it is to put down it really holds a long roller line where as other discs would curl out of the roll early

seems like there's not a lot of love DX for rollers, any reason why?

I like my roller discs to stay that way for a while. DX does make for great rollers, but they don't last very long

I was asking as I've never really thrown rollers other than just messing around. So to simplify, a too beat roller would tip over and die sooner than a not too beat roller?

Latest posts