• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

Rastaman

Birdie Member
I am having trouble with this shot just wanted to get a collective on the types of discs people choose to throw for an anhyzer.

I have probably thrown every disc in my bag on an anhyzer. Just depends on conditions and what I want the flight to be after release as to which disc I'll throw.

Fuse, Fuse, Fuse. It is so good it is like cheating. It will hold the line to the ground. Just tinker around with GL or Opto and weights, and you will have a glidetastic anny machine.

When I try to get a good anhyzer angle it seems I shank it super hard to the right really fast, it wont do the gradual turn right it just over does it and hits the trees

anhyzers are difficult shots that really come down to practice, form, and confidence.

But to answer your question, my go-to discs for these type of shots, in their respective distance would generally be:

Fuse / Buzzz
Beat Eagle / River

My selection depends on the amount of distance / glide potential I may need or wind conditions.

Esp Comet-short
165g Pro Vulcan-long
DX Cheetahs are good too, need a little beat in time. Once they are, it takes a lot for them to fade back. They rarely go into a roll, settle nicely.

Short: I use my Fuse. I'd never considered it until I threw out of some bushes on an anhyzer line and the disc just kept turning. That put me right back in the bushes, but man it was pretty before it got there.

Long: I don't have the arm for long, but I'll be putting work in with my Fuse to try to get there. Then I'll probably throw something understable like a Leopard.

in order from short to long:
putt'r or beat soft focus
x comet
buzzz ss
x stratus
x xpress

From long to short

Beat M-OLF
Beat M-JLS
Beat X-Buzzz
Beat Soft Wizard

Moral of the story: beat versions of stable discs in Base or Middle range plastics are best, IMO.

I have probably thrown every disc in my bag on an anhyzer. Just depends on conditions and what I want the flight to be after release as to which disc I'll throw.

This. But if I'm looking at the shot for more than 10 seconds and can't figure out what to throw, I pull out the Evo Assassin that I've beat to hell. Always turns over and always comes back.

Long to short:

Champ Valkyrie (350'+ w/ high ceiling)
Star Leopard (275-350' w/ limited ceiling)
Axis (200-300', small left to right translation)
Star Mako (150-250', large L-R translation)
Ion (up to 200')

I prefer a neutrally stable disc for most anhyzer shots.
Everybody's distance ranges are probably going to differ based on skill and comfort level, so don't put too much into that.
Once you get the technique down, you'll figure out your own range and disc preferences.
The key to get it to hold the L-R track is to generate a little extra spin on the throw.
Height and nose angle are also important.
Basically, you want the nose and right wing pointed downward at the apex of the throw.
From that point it will glide to the right as it descends.

A super Beat Avenger and a BuzzzSS are my go to annie discs.

I dont realy like to throw anhyzers, I prefer hyzerflips with understable discs for left to right turns. If I have to throw anny, it is usualy to make some sort of S shot. I take more overstable discs for that to make sure that they come back left.

Latest posts