• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Youtube DG coverage

jakebake91

* Ace Member *
Hey guys, looking/needing suggestions for DG coverage on YouTube with decent commentary. I follow CCDG religiously, as well as spintv on occasion. I know Jomez has great video, but do they dont seem to have commentary. Havent watched many of them tho so maybe im wrong. I used to love PHP but apparently Paavo is on permanent hiatus.

Just wondering if you guys have any other suggesions.

Thanks!!

Newer jomez has commentary. A lot of this years coverage has pro commentary from Sexton, Koling, Eagle, Lizottw, etc... also has cool extras like slomez and flight tracker.

Definitely, DEFINITELY check out Jomez. All the new stuff has commentary, including a decent number of older tournament footage. They're also doing disc flight tracking graphics and high speed camera slow motion shots on just about every hole. The whole production is pretty incredible.

You can also subscribe to Prodigy Disc. Not so much in the commentary department but they really know how to shoot some disc golf and they quality of the video is unmatched. SmashBoxxTv does live streaming tournament footage and thediscgolfguy does really good edited tournaments. Both are run by the same guy and he has a TON of really good stuff with commentary.

In the last year, all of the traveling videographers except McFly (Prodigy) and Terry's Disc Golf Guy shorts have gone to commentary. Even local guys are doing it. Saw one in Finnish a few months ago. DISC Golf Guy has a different mission, his commentary speciality is live, and it's quite good. That is, he does shorts under disc golf guy, and full under Smashboxx. You should watch one Smashboxx live round. FYI, some dont like live, its 3 hrs, but those of us who do, love it. Several have tried it, but Terry is the best, IMNSHO. Don't be surprised if McFly doesn't start doing commentary soon. It's the trend.

Some of the more recent prodigy vids have commentary. The Baysingers disc golf channel, recently had some vids of Tenn. States with commentary. Basically a couple of rec level guys amazed at the shots the pros were throwing. Matt Dollar usually has commentary on his, right? He did for the recent Flyboy vids anyway.

Last edited:
Some of the more recent prodigy vids have commentary. The Baysingers disc golf channel, recently had some vids of Tenn. States with commentary. Basically a couple of rec level guys amazed at the shots the pros were throwing. Matt Dollar usually has commentary on his, right? He did for the recent Flyboy vids anyway.

Matt is one of the local guys I was thinking of. He tours some, but does local video with commentary.

I really like Matt Dollar's commentary. He provides a lot of insight into the players' disc selection and decision-making. He has his own YouTube channel where he uploads tournament footage. If you just search "Matt Dollar" on YouTube, you'll find him.

Disc Golf Examiner does cool videos at awesome courses with commentary for local Pittsburgh tournaments.

Jomez is always awesome. The coverage is great with some fun features. The pro commentators is a fun addition, too. Nice to hear from the guys playing these tourneys.

CCDG is also very good, and constantly improving. The commentary is also fun, coming from normal disc golfers like the rest of us.

Watch all of it anyway! It's all good, because there are people out there willing to put forth some effort to entertain our niche corner of the world!

Nothing really comes close to CCDG and Jomez as far as quality and commentary, and when they get together it's insanely good. I noticed for Worlds Prodigy had some commentary, it got better and by round 4 was decent. I'm not sure who the girl is doing the commentary but she's getting better with each video, definitely potential there.

Latest posts