• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You've got the look, you've got the hook...

Just because society has created a double standard where women's looks are constantly talked about, and men's looks are barely a thing, doesn't mean everyone's accepting of it, or even should be. I'd like to think we're capable of moving beyond that.

Women judge men far, far more harshly on their appearance than vice versa. You just don't hear that as a narrative because the media and current cultural zeitgeist is very gynocentric and spins a narrative that is very pro feminine and anti masculine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OkCupid/comments/5i6m5y/women_have_unrealistic_views_of_how_men_look/

Attachments

• YOkD5U4T5fcf097vw8z4PlPI7ytWIksArJuuWrhX5bA.png
    YOkD5U4T5fcf097vw8z4PlPI7ytWIksArJuuWrhX5bA.png
    8 KB · Views: 61
Yeah. Speaking harshly of a woman's appearance is verboten in society, but it is pretty much fair game to dump on men for being short or bald or fat or whatever else. And it translates pretty directly in pay, too. I think men average something like $8k a year in salary more per inch of height.

Yeah. Speaking harshly of a woman's appearance is verboten in society, but it is pretty much fair game to dump on men for being short or bald or fat or whatever else. And it translates pretty directly in pay, too. I think men average something like $8k a year in salary more per inch of height.

100% true. The height and divorce statistics correlation stuff is really eye opening as well. This video really breaks down the data and chart I spoke of above. Even more telling is that YouTube put an "age restriction" on it. Gee I wonder why?

100% true. The height and divorce statistics correlation stuff is really eye opening as well. This video really breaks down the data and chart I spoke of above. Even more telling is that YouTube put an "age restriction" on it. Gee I wonder why?

Phtttttt, says a bunch o' short, fat, bald losers. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try criticizing a woman like this, even in jest. Cancel culture.

dawsons-creek-james-van-der-beek.gif

Looks do matter when it comes to sponsorships though. It's the reason why Maria Sharapova made far more $$$ than Serena Williams even though Serena was the way better player.

I didn't see anyone in this thread make any inappropriate comments about Kona's looks. Just people pointing out that her looks contribute to why she is making more than some players better than her.

And it could also be due to differences in what they were focusing on in the past.

Sharipova and her mgt team pushing on that opportunity a lot harder than Serena's team. Sharipova had to strike while the iron was hot.

Serena's earning potential still remains strong and still bringing in money from ads/endorsements.

You never see Sharipova on TV anymore (not that she's starving).

you have skillfully or due to your unconscious implicit bias have omitted the role of racism in your example.

Perhaps. Although the same era, and same country club fanbase, were so in love with Tiger Woods that Nike couldn't keep products on the shelves.

I'm not really sure Sharapova has made more endorsement dollars than Serena.

Yeah. Her tag line before she retired was that she had earning the 2nd most money in women's tennis behind Serena.

just think if you were a piece of bbq & 1/4 the people wanted you and 1/4 thought you were gross... or whatever fraction; unfortunately, most would focus on the haters

Last edited:
What I learned from Kona throwing DD for the first time is that the discs all fly really low.