• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Zombee!

The Stalker is a cumbersome dud.

Those are fighting words for some folks. Personally I rarely take my Cryztal Stalker because I prefer the feel of other discs but some folks are nuts about them.

Those are fighting words for some folks. Personally I rarely take my Cryztal Stalker because I prefer the feel of other discs but some folks are nuts about them.

I know, but any straight midrange will do it better than a Stalker.

Do what is the question though. It feels like a beefy mid and flies like it for some but flies like the perfect fairway for others.

So from a design perspective, what is the point of this? I suppose that it has an impact on air passing over the disc, and from a physics standpoint, what does it do? :confused:

It might just be that the mold was new. That's how it is with CE rhynos at least.

I'm one of those Stalker people. I traded a friend a 150 Valk I found for his Glo Stalker. We were both just looking for something new to throw. He used to have a Valk and I hate throwing the lightweight stuff.

Turned out the Stalker was exactly what I needed and is one of my best discs. I play a LOT of tight wooded courses here in NC and it works great on these types of courses. I can throw it dead straight and it fades left, finish with no fade when i air bounce it or turn over slightly (although I really have to hit my snap).

I'll try a zombee because my Buzzz always finishes a little right and my Stalker is not the most dependable if I want to finish straight. I'll see what shakes out. Might just be time for a new buzzz. I've hit a tone of trees with that thing.

I didn't get one of these from an ace race, but it was shoved in the weekender bag I won at a local ice bowl. I enjoy it as a hyzer flip disc that doesn't have to much fade. Fits just under my XL and above my buzzes. The only problem is mine is really domey and beefy, let alone 179.3 grams. Would love to try one around the 172g range.

Some of these descriptions of the AR discs are confusing me b/c I have two of them and they are hard as hell. The flightplate is the domiest and thickest plastic I have ever seen. I actually have to try and push really hard to even get the flightplate to push in at all. I threw them in the field a lot and wasn't able to get any kind of consistency out of them so they have just been collecting dust.

I've got 3 of the AR discs here, domey, soft, 'zipper-top'. It's been a while since I've thrown them (or anything, really). I am wondering how the flatter, stiffer production runs are flying for you guys.

Some of these descriptions of the AR discs are confusing me b/c I have two of them and they are hard as hell. The flightplate is the domiest and thickest plastic I have ever seen. I actually have to try and push really hard to even get the flightplate to push in at all. I threw them in the field a lot and wasn't able to get any kind of consistency out of them so they have just been collecting dust.

I think there are various consistencies of the Ace Race 2012 disc myself. I played in an early Ace Race and got two hard as heck discs, barely any flex and felt heavy as all get out.

I played another one with a buddy months later at a different location and got two of the softest discs there. Much happier with the soft ones, especially the light blue one I kept. But I gave away the two hard ones to my brother and his friend to mess around with.

Both my GL Saint and GL Flow are like this. Mostly I can hear it when I am petting them. My GL Fuse and GL River are smooth.

I also have a GL saint with these ridges. They definitely come from the milling process. I doubt the molds are aluminum though.

I've got 3 of the AR discs here, domey, soft, 'zipper-top'. It's been a while since I've thrown them (or anything, really). I am wondering how the flatter, stiffer production runs are flying for you guys.

I've seen people use the term zipper-top here, but I have no clue what that means in terms of discs. Can someone kindly clue me in, please?

Found it:

When you run your finger across it sounds like a zipper because it still has the circles fromt he mold meaning the mold was brand new.

Last edited:
Grabbed two online and got them in last weekend. I got one that is green with a purple stamp (can't go wrong with Joker colors!) and an orange one. I really like the disc. I use the Buzzz a lot so this one fits in there nicely when I want that straight flight with a tad more distance.

so how do these compare to say a star TL? i just got one in the mail but havent thrown it. reminds me of a TL or even a gazelle with a flatter wing, by feel. i know people are saying its a longer buzzz, but that seems like a vague comparison. what can i expect at about 350ft power with a tl? Buzzzes usually go about 300 for me if that helps.thanks

so how do these compare to say a star TL? i just got one in the mail but havent thrown it. reminds me of a TL or even a gazelle with a flatter wing, by feel. i know people are saying its a longer buzzz, but that seems like a vague comparison. what can i expect at about 350ft power with a tl? Buzzzes usually go about 300 for me if that helps.thanks

Not as much distance potential as a Star TL, and the Zombee has a little less HSS than the TL. I feel like the Zombee (The AR ones) glide better than a Star TL also.

The Zombee reminds me of the old OOP ZX2, only not as good...it looks like something from the early 90s.

Still waiting on my PREordered first run Zombee from community (received my Buzzzs over a week ago). I emailed them and apparently they forgot to send me mine since the shipments for Buzzz and Zombee supposedly came in on different days and now i left with just the orange ones on their site to choose from or wait until a new shipment comes in on fri. Now im wondering if ill actually get to see it in the month on March even tho i paid for it in Feb. I shouldve just bought if from Disc Nation like i do everything else...Lesson learned!

I am very temped to go out and buy a new Zombee. I don't know what to think of the Ace Race ones.. I just don't know if there is a need in my bag. I mean if I throw an Amp.. Is there really that big of a gap? Amp kicked out my River and the river kicked out the Leopard. I don't see the Zombee beating out any of these. I found the Stalker useless with the Teebird/River combo. Maybe that's just me? What do you think?

P.S. the reason I am temped is because the colors were supperrrrrrrr cool.