• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zone: Most Unique disc ever??

can you name one? as slow as the zone? i mean the drone is an obvious comparison, gator, pig. but none are as overstable or slow. the only discs i have thrown that arent hsd that are as overstable as the zone are the Z XTREME and the CHAMP VIPER

aerobie sharpshooter 2, and actually I think the arrow is quite similar. Lack of glide and the stability on it make it great for the same things the zone is used for. I also think the zone will go farther than a flx drone, and is less overstable. Flx drones are just stupid OS, and fly like bricks.

Z xtreme is the most unique disc. No disc ever made is nearly as overstable as those things. I throw star xd's on the regular and might be interested in trying a zone if it's close to the xd but with more stability.

I think the champ Viper is as overstable as the Z Extreme. I have both and i THEY BOTH GO RIGHT! Im a lefty.

i've got a pig that weighs 177 and it's more OS than the zones I've thrown.

it's crazy beefy, it goes a 100' less than my other pigs in the 172 range. i've only thrown a couple zones though, and they were my friends and not new so i don't know how it stacks up to a brand new esp zone.

Last edited:
sweet dude.. yeah every now and then you can snag up some randomness from innova..but it does turn out to be a good thing sometimes ..unless you were expecting a normal pig lol

i hardly ever throw it, it really just sits on my shelf. it's a nice pro pig with a rainbow stamp and the fact that it's max weight (scale weight actually over max weight) makes it more valuable sitting on a shelf in good condition than it does on the course, where i hardly ever need anything that OS.

So I was just out at Wabun playing my lunch brake putter rounds with a Zone and a Wizard. Guess who I ran into throwing a stack of Zone's...... Cale Leiviska. Got to throw a few holes with him and had him sign my Zone, what an awesome guy. He said he loves the Zone and does not throw his Drone that much because the Zone fits that overstable slot in his bag. Just thought I would share.

I didnt think the trident was anything like a Zone. but somebody up there did. have not thrown the Jokeri. u want to sell that weird pink zone? would be nice fit between my beat to crap one and my beautiful Worlds supercolor one.

That was me. I didn't say it was anything like the zone per se, but it does fit the criteria that had been presented of low speed and incredibly overstable. Guess I was being too literal?

The zone is arguably one of the best approach discs I have ever owned. Its been a mainstay in my bag since it was released (matter of fact its the only discraft discs that makes it into my bag). Its one of a kind and I haven't tossed anything that I would call "similar."

The zone is arguably one of the best approach discs I have ever owned. Its been a mainstay in my bag since it was released (matter of fact its the only discraft discs that makes it into my bag). Its one of a kind and I haven't tossed anything that I would call "similar."

^This was the entire point of this thread!!

exactly, its unique because of what the disc offer not because they put a groove on it or dimples, etc. This is a ZONE LOVERS thread LOL!

wish they would put a z zone out or a cryztal zone!

there was some chatter last year that they were going to discontinue making the ESP Zone which is about as dumb as it get to be honest. Its has to be one of the most popular discs out there. I don't know of anyone locally that doesn't have one.

^^^^ I WANT A Z ZONE SO F_ING BAD!!! I already have a drone, wasp, buzz, meteor, and a banger gt in the Z plastic. a zone would make it complete.

Is it best to putt with hyzer with it:)
it feels so similar to my buzz its crazy