• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

S0XyRLc.jpg

nSvBLsC.jpg

^ disc retrievers are a wise investment

It's funny- I've never seen the water so clean. A few years ago I threw a dx cheetah in there and went to go get it in the soft mud and my shoe got stuck and came off my foot and before I could get it, a swarm of fiddler crabs ran into it! This was the first gator I ran into there tho.

This past Monday at Munden Point DGC in Virginia Beach walking down the 15th fairway, I had the shadow of a very large bird pass over me. Looked up, and there were 8 American Bald Eagles flying over that part of the course. Their were about 5 of us on the back 9, and disc golf came to a halt for a few moments. In the past I've seen Red Fox, Deer, a Large Turtle camping out by the 8th tee box, snakes crossing fairways, and fish leaping out of the North Landing River. Munden Point is my favorite of my favorites, and always a scenic and peaceful walk on the course.

lol, yesterday morning at Bennett's Creek DGC in Suffolk, Va it may of been Fiddler Crabs I saw along the fairways that passed by the river. They came running right by me on the narrow trails, I was startled the first time I saw them and jumped!

Someone killed the black snake that's been hanging around Waterworks Park in Kansas City, and I'm still mad about that.

That is unfortunate. Black snakes do no harm to nobody.

Tons of frogs lately on disc golf courses around here. But it has been a long time since I've seen a snake on the course.

It's funny- I've never seen the water so clean. A few years ago I threw a dx cheetah in there and went to go get it in the soft mud and my shoe got stuck and came off my foot and before I could get it, a swarm of fiddler crabs ran into it! This was the first gator I ran into there tho.

I know what you mean about that water. I got one look at it and knew I wasn't throwing anything close to the water, especially on that course!

At Northwest River DGC in Chesapeake, Va this afternoon, I had a gallery of two deer on the 18th tee box. Still waiting to be greeted by Chelsea the Black Bear that roams the park, long with a few of her friends. Theirs a sign posted by the 1st tee box about the possibility of a chance encounter. Park Rangers say the bears shy away.

Saw a couple sweet horny toads today. I relocated one out of the middle of the fairway, after almost stepping on him.

Gave him some water, too.

Latest posts