• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I'd rather have junebugs than mayflies

I suppose. May flies are that crunchy so that's better.

On the other hand I don't like my insects to come in clouds, so there's that too...

The nuke plant I used to work at was right on Lake Erie. During mayfly season they'd paint the inside of a dumpster white and shine a light into it. It'd be full by morning :gross:

Today I ran into the following critters at the Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club:

A chameleon, a two headed snake, a blue-green bird, a big bull frog, a well-dressed bug, a disc dog, a calico cat, 79 beetles, 8 butterflies, and 6 turtles.

They were easy to spot since they are all located on the new Critter Bench that was recently installed near the hole 1 tee pad on the mini putt-putt course.

The red disc shown in the photo of the back is one of those rare 1280 gram Yeti Aviar putters.

Attachments

• img0 (3).jpg
    img0 (3).jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 79
  • img0 (4).jpg
    img0 (4).jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 71
  • img0 (5).jpg
    img0 (5).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 69
These two big fellas were greeting players (and zipliners) at Beaver Ranch hole 1 today
[basket in photo is #20 of bluebird putter course]

Attachments

• 20200813_182644.jpg
    20200813_182644.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200813_182619.jpg
    20200813_182619.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 77
These two big fellas were greeting players (and zipliners) at Beaver Ranch hole 1 today
[basket in photo is #20 of bluebird putter course]

I will have to visit that course one day. Can you zipline and play at the same time?

nec1Ca4.jpg

Today walking up the fairway of Cass Benton #5, I actually picked up a butterfly that had it's wings folded, by gently holding its wings between my thumb and forefinger.

It's wings were medium to light brown, with a bluish tint toward the back. Totally made my day. I placed it back on the grass where I found it, and after a few seconds, it fluttered away, apparently none the worse for the encounter.

Should have snapped a pic, but I was just appreciating the moment... now I feel stupid for not doing so. :doh:.
But it sure looked a lot like this:

Attachments

• 478539.jpg
    478539.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 24
I didn't get a picture but my drive landed next to a box turtle yesterday. I used it as a marker. :)

Why yes it is. :hfive:
I played there yesterday on a 4 course mini-bagging expedition. I had to squeeze it in at the end so I played it the course about 12 minutes. It's fun as a Par 2 course. There was flooding and gray "mud" from basket 1 through hole 4 from recent rain, so I probably stepped in some of that goose poop

I played there yesterday on a 4 course mini-bagging expedition. I had to squeeze it in at the end so I played it the course about 12 minutes. It's fun as a Par 2 course. There was flooding and gray "mud" from basket 1 through hole 4 from recent rain, so I probably stepped in some of that goose poop

No doubt. I bagged it while at VA Beach. I'm only playing simple/easy courses right now and it fit the bill... probably too well. LOL.

Right after I finished a big storm hit with so much rain that the streets were flooding and being shut down and I saw some cars stalled/stuck in the water. I just made it out of there in time.

That critter will be heading my way soon.

They're in WV on Knobley Mt. DGC. I've been noticing them for the last couple weeks. Had both an orange and yellow one today. One each on our two butterfly bushes.

picture.php

Looks like I had maybe a Monarch and an Eastern Swallowtail. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Fox on the run...

This guy was laying in the sun on the dam at Crooked Creek Lake DGC in PA when I left yesterday. So, technically, this wasn't on the course. But it was very close. And it's probably been on the course before. :D

picture.php

Latest posts