• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

lizards are the blondes of the reptile world. I'm a snake man. snakes could read books if they could read.

It was a general reptile day. Also saw an almost six foot black rat snake and a 20" ill tempered garter snake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knobley Mt. Rat

picture.php

Relaxing in the fairway.

Yes, I need to mow.

Cool beans. Rose Campion. [emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I never bothered to look up the name. We always just called it Grandma's Flower. That's what I heard since I was small. It came from my great grandmother's house about 15 miles from where I live now and it has thrived here. When I see where it's coming up any given year I mow around it until a lot of it has had time to go to seed. Love the stuff. My wife even got it started in our flower beds.

Good morning. Is it just me, or did your picture not load? You did have a picture, right?

Sorry, it's a rat snake on my sidewalk by my driveway.

I uploaded it to the forum and linked it-I see it on my phone, not sure why you dont see it.

:(

I uploaded it to the forum and linked it-I see it on my phone, not sure why you dont see it.

I can't see it either. Guess we'll just have to use our imaginations. Did it look something like this?

Attachments

• watercolor-drawing-kids-cartoon-snake-on-a-white-background-KDT4EC.jpg
    watercolor-drawing-kids-cartoon-snake-on-a-white-background-KDT4EC.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
picture.php

Relaxing in the fairway.

Yes, I need to mow.

Yesterday evening I was out in the yard starting to throw a few putts when I hear a fawn screaming from in the woods behind the house. Seconds later here comes my lab with said fawn in her mouth and mama deer in hot pursuit. The mother deer stopped at the edge of the woods and the dog continued on across the yard into the soon to be cut hay field. In a few minutes she came back without the fawn- no idea if she killed it or not.

When I went to reply to your post the picture URL showed up in the middle of the quote, but I couldn't see the pic. Maybe has something to do with that?

Yesterday evening I was out in the yard starting to throw a few putts when I hear a fawn screaming from in the woods behind the house. Seconds later here comes my lab with said fawn in her mouth and mama deer in hot pursuit. The mother deer stopped at the edge of the woods and the dog continued on across the yard into the soon to be cut hay field. In a few minutes she came back without the fawn- no idea if she killed it or not.

Ouch!!! I call them rats because they're always eating decorative plants or the garden. I like them just fine if they stay on the course and in the woods. I do not like them destroying the stuff I planted, though. Go back in the woods, you an 8 acre buffet down there!! Stupid rats!

I still don't see a pic. :-(

And I like snakes way more than deer.

I have no idea what's going on. On my laptop, I don't see the picture, but like you, when I quote my own post, the link is there. I'm going to attempt to do this again.

Late night, June 2nd, back porch.

attachment.php

Morning, June 7th, pretty sure it's the same snake. My wife thinks he swallowed one of the dogs rawhide chews.

attachment.php

I've killed a few garter snakes with the mower--not intentionally, just didn't see them until after they were hit. Surprised me because I'm out mowing. It's middle of the day. Didn't expect them to be moving around in the open grass. Seems like it has been very "snakey" around my place this year. I usually see a few each year, occasionally a rattlesnake, but mostly non-venomous. This year I've seen 6 so far. No telling how many I've walked past and never noticed them.

Attachments

• IMG_8124.jpg
    IMG_8124.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8131.jpg
    IMG_8131.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 91
So does this qualify as a critter on the course, or a critter in your yard?

< anal retentive

A regular occurrence in my Facebook world recently, has been photos of copperheads on local, urban courses. Yet I live out in the country, and in 18 years here we've seen about a dozen species of snake, but none venomous. Go figure.

A regular occurrence in my Facebook world recently, has been photos of copperheads on local, urban courses. Yet I live out in the country, and in 18 years here we've seen about a dozen species of snake, but none venomous. Go figure.

Copperheads have pretty amazing camouflage, especially in leaf debris and mulch. People probably do not notice most copperheads that are nearby.

I have only ever seen one copperhead in the wild. Well, sort of in the wild - the snake was sunning on an asphalt parking lot at our neighborhood pool. :\

Latest posts