• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

My house is about 300' away, across the pond. The eagle was sitting right next to the water, and for a while I thought it was the neighbor's black-and-white dog down there. I stepped out on my porch with a camera and flushed it -- and luckily for me, it flushed in the direction of the basket, so I caught it flying by and could place it "on the course".

Skunk
Bob Cat
Water Moccasin
Hawk eating a Prairie Dog.
Loads of Deer
Fox
Several different Garter snakes
All sorts of turtles.

I keep looking for rattle Snakes when playing West Texas and New Mexico, but no luck.
Been looking for alligators when playing East TX to MS, still no luck.

Then I have hit while driving to play courses.
1 Raccoon off US 75 in Oklahoma
2 Deer - off OK-31 and North of Dodge City KS (that one totaled my car)

I hit two birds on the same round the other day. Kinda bummed me out but I got over it.

Today I played the back nine with a rando (Matt) and something sprayed or **** on him. I have him a towel, but it was weird. Smelled like ammonia, thick like honey, sticky. The towel ended up getting it on me and everything else. Then a bird **** on my hat.

I drove home and got a shower.

I hit two birds on the same round the other day. Kinda bummed me out but I got over it.

Today I played the back nine with a rando (Matt) and something sprayed or **** on him. I have him a towel, but it was weird. Smelled like ammonia, thick like honey, sticky. The towel ended up getting it on me and everything else. Then a bird **** on my hat.

I drove home and got a shower.
Not saying the drones that hit Moscow yesterday came from Ukraine and not saying the birds that befouled your round were retaliating, but karma sux man.

Blendon Woods basket #17!!!

Yeah there's a prescription for disaster. Many years ago, I was playing through the woods and got swarmed. I am guessing I hit a hive on my drive. I was recently at Dauberton and could hear a lot of buzzing in the woods between the fairways of #1 and #5. I steered well clear.

Saw 5 of these little guys by the tee of hole 18 at Warrenton pool park DGC today. Just glad mom wasn't around.

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_152933661.jpg
    IMG_20230604_152933661.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230604_153018109.jpg
    IMG_20230604_153018109.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230604_153034181.jpg
    IMG_20230604_153034181.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 41
Blendon Woods basket #17!!!
attachment.php
Discraft fans.

No photos, but last week we discovered that hornets had built a nest in one of our benches. Just a simple bench, a board on top of cinder blocks, and apparently they really liked the hollow space we provided.

No photos, but we did announce it on our Facebook page, with a comment that for the people who don't think our course is exciting enough, we weren't going to reveal which bench was infested.

@ Creeping Creek DGC, this dragonfly landed on SewerBill who also was dressed like Ace Ventura, then came and hung out next to me for a bit. Hope he's eating well on skeeters and deerflies. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• dragonfly ccdgc.jpg
    dragonfly ccdgc.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 103
No photos, but last week we discovered that hornets had built a nest in one of our benches. Just a simple bench, a board on top of cinder blocks, and apparently they really liked the hollow space we provided.

No photos, but we did announce it on our Facebook page, with a comment that for the people who don't think our course is exciting enough, we weren't going to reveal which bench was infested.

That could be REALLY bad.

Picture sucks. I tried to get closer but it bailed. I've played a number of courses but I think this was the first time seeing a squirrel in a basket.

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_114010197.jpg
    IMG_20230612_114010197.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts