• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I've seen a huge rattlesnake twice on hole 14 at Lydle Gulch DGC near Boise. Lydle is a new desert course that isn't quite finished yet so there are still a few creatures that meander through (we have to pull the baskets for a few months each year for deer migration). The first time I saw it my buddy walked up and heard the rattle, and the snake was gargantuan, about 3 inches in diameter and the rattle had to have 10-12 rattles on it, and as it uncoiled to scoot away, it just kept uncoiling and seemed to never stop, freaked me out and screwed up my concentration for a while.

^ I'm so glad I don't live in rattlesnake country - I'd have to buy a lot more underwear.

I was on vacation in Miami and played at Virginia Key Beach Park and saw this 3 foot long reptile. There were signs posted of beware of Crocodiles but I didn't see one of those!

Attachments

• 353.jpg
    353.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 128
Critters in Alaska

This is a common occurrence in Alaska. Well at least on one course. We didn't even know there were two until after the first throw when the little one came running out of the bushes to join mama. The pic is after we walked up and around them on the next hole. Unfortunately we didn't even get to finish the next hole because there were two more big moose right by the basket!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 134
A couple months ago in lawrence ks at centennial park we came across a red tailed hawk on the ground when we came through the walkway he was 20 ft from us and we just admired him from 20ft because hawks are a predatory bird and scary as *** when you make eye contact

Well aware of the Massasauga Rattlesnake, and while they are present on courses I play, they're not nearly as prevalent as other rattlers are out west, nor are they as large and/or inject as much venom.

I'm not poo-poo'ing them, just saying they really aren't likely to come across on the local courses.

Last edited:
^ I'm so glad I don't live in rattlesnake country - I'd have to buy a lot more underwear.

Well you should normally be getting 4 wears outta each pair right:D

(that's the front-way, reversed, inside-out front-way, and finally inside-out reversed for anyone who doesn't understand underwear humor)

sFxTNkg.jpg

Well aware of the Massasauga Rattlesnake, and while they are present on courses I play, they're not nearly as prevalent as other rattlers are out west, nor are they as large and/or inject as much venom.

I'm not poo-poo'ing them, just saying they really aren't likely to come across on the local courses.

I have actually been pretty lucky to see several of them across courses from Hudson Mills to the the West side of the state. Had one afternoon where we saw three at Hudson Mills, dang near stepped on one. Beautiful snake, though much respect should be given, as with any wild beast.

he's only taking a break in transit. we normally cut the grass in that area so nothing for them to eat but we've had a lot of rain the last few weeks.

I just think it's great you have Disc Golf in Thailand!
Is that the course near Chiang Rai listed on DCGR?

I see pronghorn antelope most times that I play. They are pretty used to humans so they just look at you and go back to grazing.

Latest posts