• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I can't stop now, I LOVE G STAR plastic. So to add to my Valk, I just picked up a T Bird and a sweet Leopard with a rainbow stamp. Can't wait to go throw them tonight!. The Valk I have just flies beautiful.

Smashed the chains on Tuesday on a 325ft hole with my GS TB but it spit out somehow...

Was able to steal a 205ft ace with my GS Rhyno on Saturday though :D

Loving the GStar so far.

From what I gather, the Orcs are plenty HSS and LSS to be a moderate headwind disc. Am I right?

I'm throwing a 169 G TB and 169 G Leo. I'm looking for something in the 9-10 speed range to compliment them for headwind distance. Once they put Firebirds into production i'll probably pick up one for bigger headwinds. Keep in mind I'm coming off an injury and wanting to stick to speed 10 and I'm throwing 350' with my TB.

And would a Roadrunner overlap with a Leopard in this plastic?

Last edited:
If you are a PD fan, the G star version may hold up better in a headwind than an Orc. I haven't thrown one but have heard lots of good things about them.

If you are a PD fan, the G star version may hold up better in a headwind than an Orc. I haven't thrown one but have heard lots of good things about them.

What I've read is that they are less HSS and LSS than a new S-Line. And I'm committed to Teebirds, so PDs just feel too similar to bag both. But I digress. I'll make a bag thread to avoid derailing.

Carry on the G Star discussion.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a G-Star Dart? I like the R-pro's, wondered if anyone can tell me how they fly in relation to their R-Pro or Star brethren.

And would a Roadrunner overlap with a Leopard in this plastic?

Depends on how you throw them.

On lower powered shots for precision in the woods on tight lines, a lot of overlap.

Out in the open field where you are riding a tail wind for maximum distance, the Roadrunner and Leopard are two completely different discs.

At power, the speed 9 of the Roadrunner definitely shows off its speed and higher turn while the Speed 7 Leopard does not seem to have the glide to compete with the Roadrunner.

Leopard is speed 6 =P

So it is, further explaining the difference I see in the open field. When it came down to it, with a tailwind I was only able to get the Leopard out to about 340-350 before the angle of the disc, due to its turn and fade, finally exposed it to the tailwind in a way that knocked it down. The Roadrunner, however, rode it perfectly, easily crushing 420-430.

With a deep hyzer, I would trust a Leopard in a headwind far more than a Roadrunner. In fairness though, I do not trust anything less stable than a TeeBird with a hyzer into the wind.

My G* teebird may be the straightest and most consistent driver I've ever thrown. It's a savior playing in all these wooded holes in Charlotte. I need to order more. The one I have is just a cheap $12 factory second too.

Been using my gstar leopard and teebird for about a month now. Both discs are 171g

I've thrown pro leopards as my understable fairway driver for as long as I can remember, but these gstar leos may finally kick them out. The two plastics feel surprisingly similar, at least at room temperature. They are both gummy and sticky, with the gstar being a bit floppier. I was surprised at how fast the gstar leo broke in at first, but, unlike the pro plastic, it seems to have stopped degrading and is staying right in the perfect spot. The only thing I miss the slightly stiffer pro leo for is long rollers, though I don't throw many of those.

My gstar teebird is a little more stiff than the leopard, perhaps due to the bigger rim. I've thrown champ teebirds since I started playing DG and mostly picked this up for fun, but it has really surprised me. Like smitty said, it's relatively straight, with that great teebird fade at the end. Both discs are filling that slightly more understable slot quite nicely, and I'm sure they will only get better with age.

here are some factory seconds of G-Stars I just bought:

two ROC 3's both 168g

14163013789_79a720093f_c.jpg

14326553196_90ae5414e3_c.jpg

14163034898_c7614e8eb0_c.jpg

14349690565_390e90e7ba_c.jpg

^you can see the yellow roc3 is almost flat with no dome, and the blue one has slight dome, but a lot less compared to my champ roc 3 and a star roc 3 that I have (not pictured regular not a factory 2nd).

as to feel of G-Star? its seems like its a little more grippy compared to champion, but a TON more flexible. So much so that when I hold the Dart and ROCs with a fan grip you can feel the top plate contort to the fingers (from above with the thumb, and below).

and a 170g Dart:

14369861033_eac42e3071_c.jpg

14163013309_58da2072ce_c.jpg

^mega domed! then again the DX version Dart I was using beforehand had the same amount.

My G* Rhyno is pretty much flat. Not quite as stable as my champ Rhyno, but a great compliment to it. I use it for short approach shots and flex forehands. It lands nice and soft. It's found a spot in my bag for the time being.

Got a g star teebird and a couple g star leopards...love them both so I thought I would try a g star roc 3...got it in the mail the other day and its got a plus rim...I hate plus rims. Is that common with all the roc 3s?

Got a g star teebird and a couple g star leopards...love them both so I thought I would try a g star roc 3...got it in the mail the other day and its got a plus rim...I hate plus rims. Is that common with all the roc 3s?

They are a little faster and have a little more glide, which could be a product of both the plastic and the inner rim, but they do not have a loose grip like some of the Roc Pluses I have thrown in the past.

I have no issue bagging my GStar Roc3s over my Champions.

Latest posts