• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

It's Spring, that means shops are ordering discs again, everyone should ask their local shops to put in an order of MVP/Axiom when they make new releases, then you can get the discs the day of release and not have to wait 2-8 days of shipping before you can throw them :)

I will be throwing my Tesla on Friday.

It's Spring, that means shops are ordering discs again, everyone should ask their local shops to put in an order of MVP/Axiom when they make new releases, then you can get the discs the day of release and not have to wait 2-8 days of shipping before you can throw them :)

I will be throwing my Tesla on Friday.

oh yeah everyone is so jealous of you for living in wisconsin....

I received a beautiful blue 172 Tesla for testing a couple of days ago. I've had some great opportunities to throw it in some windy conditions on several different lines.

As a PD-lover I can say that the Tesla is reminding me a whole lot of my old standard. It compares to my favorite PDs much more than the Volt does it terms of range and flight-line behavior and I think I've been resurrecting some old muscle memory. I say this because I have gotten some absolutely sick lines throwing annies/flat shots into the wind that should have had me guessing much more at the release angles. The Inertia has really been growing on me, but it required some adjustment on my part. The Tesla is much more intuitive for me and I already feel like I can get 100% of my power into it.

Flightwise the difference between the Tesla and Volt are similar to the differences between a PD and Teebird. The Tesla can get a lot more action on the transition between turned over back to fade and a lot more skip as well. The Volt has a slower and more deliberate line.

he already did.

Perfect thank you I missed that somehow. I actually remember reading that a couple days ago.

The Tesla is like the PD in that it comes out of the hand really fast and holds lines easily until it slows and the fade kicks in. I've always felt like the PD was a very gyro mold because the rounded bulge in the anhyzer top gets a lot of weight out towards the outside edge before the nose tapers to a point.

I'm happy my prediction of this being the MVPD from a few pages back is coming true (for some, at least). Without the wide array of plastics I don't think we'll see entire Tesla control driver rigs, but the lightweight ones might satisfy those who can find light PDs these days.

My PIAS got 155s-175s of the SEs. All their teslas are board flat with one metallic green with a little dome.

I snagged a 167 production and a 173 SE. Its going to be rain/ thunderstorms today so I won't get to throw it.

Really curious to see how these stack up vs the mighty PD for my arm.

Here is the black and white artwork for the MVP/Skulboy custom.
I'm pretty happy with this one. Might have to do a short Doc Volt comic soon. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread and I've been thinking about it for quite some time.

13875536485_43ae568bfc.jpg

Can y'all compare the PD to another disc? Ive never thrown one. Is it like a Starfire? Or Krait, maybe?

Latest posts