• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most unusual or unique hole you have played?

Personally, the most unique hole I've ever played would have to be 17 at the Long Trout Winery in Auburn, PA. It's 198' with a 2 tree mando that you must split towards a barn. During casual play, the basket sits on the ground right under the roof of the barn, but during competition, a door on the second floor of the barn opens and the basket is hanging within the doorway.
Here's a pic of the hole during casual play:
8b9777f5_m.jpg

And here's the signage:
61cae680_m.jpg

The Light House Hole at Silver Creek in Manitowac, WI is def unique and pretty fun to play, But I would also go with the hole at Rollin Ridge with the 3 different levels is pretty grueling and fun.

The Light House Hole at Silver Creek in Manitowac, WI is def unique and pretty fun to play, But I would also go with the hole at Rollin Ridge with the 3 different levels is pretty grueling and fun.

Same two I threw out there.

Rollin Ridge #2 will be awesome when they finish the waterfall.

In my limited number of courses played, this is most unique.
Hole 16, Hyzer Creek
A downhill, double dogleg par 5 with the pin in the creek.

1ff2f227.jpg

Silly.
Beautiful, but silly.
Don't want to offend anyone (probably too late) but do you have to throw through a spinning windmill and past a concrete giraffe to get there?

Same two I threw out there.

Rollin Ridge #2 will be awesome when they finish the waterfall.

Yup, thats because they are 2 great holes. And I was thinking about #2 as well but since its not done yet I didnt toss it up there. But yea once that Water and cave are done, its gunna be awesome.

I agree that hole 6 at Moraine is the one I think about whenever I'm going to play it.....15 is kind of pretty but throwing 3 perfectly straight low line drives 300+ in succession is quite the challenge and I agree theres not a hole like it anywhere else

:thmbup:

I think it comes at the perfect point in the course, too. Up til then you haven't faced anything too challenging, and suddenly you enter this clearing and it's like, "I'm throwing here?"

Holes 6-8 are one of my favorite stretches of disc golf, for how they play off each other and utilize those sapling trees in a variety of ways.

The "U" turn at Anderson River Park in Anderson, CA.

Basket is almost directly left of the tee, but there is a mando and trees that force you to throw forward. It's the most extreme dog-leg I have ever seen, you have to play out then back the other way.

Basket is almost directly left of the tee, but there is a mando and trees that force you to throw forward. It's the most extreme dog-leg I have ever seen, you have to play out then back the other way.

Hole 18 at Charlie Vettiner in Louisville is similar.

Agree with everyone who's mentioned Silver Creek's new lighthouse hole (#22)...and not only is the green very picturesque and the pin location tricky and unique, but the fact that it's a long, blind hole and has the flagpole with red/green flags to indicate to players back on the tee whether you're still holing out adds a lot to this hole's noteworthiness in this thread.
977dce15.jpg

0038d1ad.jpg

Coincidentally, another new hole added to another long-existing course in WI, also a #22, at Token Creek...island green (woodchips), surrounded by boulders and poles, with a drop zone if you don't make it off the tee:
1185303_10151668098312734_788973431_n.jpg

Hole 9 at WARP in Waupun, WI is like that as well.

LTC has a "horseshoe hole" like that...you can see the basket through the woods, but there's not a route through (you can attempt a poke/pray in fall and early spring, through winter as well, and I've made it, but conclude that the risk isn't worth it)...a strong RHFH spike over the top of the trees has netted me a few metal hits, and I assume that the one DB who marked his ace on the basket had similar shot success or was a lefty, but usually I play it out and back, like you describe above.
edc25968.jpg

ec4acade.jpg

Here's the fairway viewed from the left...the tee is under that maple on the right, and the basket is off to the left (it's even a bit more left of the blue basket icon that I tried to squeeze in just to give an idea in this pic)
a135dc16.jpg

LTC has a "horseshoe hole" like that...you can see the basket through the woods, but there's not a route through (you can attempt a poke/pray in fall and early spring, through winter as well, and I've made it, but conclude that the risk isn't worth it)...a strong RHFH spike over the top of the trees has netted me a few metal hits, and I assume that the one DB who marked his ace on the basket had similar shot success or was a lefty, but usually I play it out and back, like you describe above.
edc25968.jpg

ec4acade.jpg

Here's the fairway viewed from the left...the tee is under that maple on the right, and the basket is off to the left (it's even a bit more left of the blue basket icon that I tried to squeeze in just to give an idea in this pic)
a135dc16.jpg

I usually attack that hole with a super high RHFH hyzer spike. I've dropped it about 20-25' from the hole.

I usually attack that hole with a super high RHFH hyzer spike. I've dropped it about 20-25' from the hole.

I used to have that shot, but I haven't found a good replacement for the Destroyer I used to use (and was the one I hit metal with). I'm working on finding a reliable RHBH roller route off the tee, met so far with failure... :eek:

Another unique one was hole 7 at Millstream. When I was there it was pretty windy so real tough to park it where it had to go. I ended up dry but probably OB by someone's standards. I took a par and thought it was the only cool or fun hole on the front 9.

Latest posts