• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

hmm Monday.. I will touch base end of this week as I am currently in the middle of a rehab project in Fridley and reallllllly need to get the upper level painted (doing it solo is making me dread the boring work alone) so I have been doing yard bs instead lol. I would also like to get away little and wanted to play a around with you for a miiiiiinute now! Have you been to crown or becker recently? If we only lived where Laramie did, i'd say giants ridge! realllllllllly want to get up there but was just too far off the traveling path this last trip when we already had tons of ground to cover eastward.

Attacking two conversations at the same time. Here is the list of all the courses I have hit with my traveling Gold Line Villain. If I get out Monday, I would prefer to hit a new one, but all in all, I want to just get out and play.

(In some cases I forgot the name of the park and just listed the town it was in)

North Branch - Braham - Eagle's Peak (Mont du Lac) - White Cedar (Mont du Lac) - Pine City - Zachary Playfields - Bassett Creek - Central Park - Fort Snelling - Elm Creek - The Valley - Plymouth Creek - Sunnyside - Bryant Lake - HSSA - Silverview - Blue Ribbon Pines - Kaposia - Lakewood Hills - Wabun - Becker - Elk River - Monticello - Buffalo - Twin Lakes - Oakgrove - Red Oak - Alimagnet - Acorn - Highland Park - Hansen - Sportsman Hill (Clearwater) - Granite Ridge (Highbridge) - Gold (Highbridge) - Woodland Greens (Highbridge) - Bear (Highbridge) - Blueberry Hill (Highbridge) - Milaca - Reibe Park - Theo Wirth - Eagle's Edge - Cavalry Hill (Saint Cloud) - Millstream - Lum Park (Brainerd) - Jackson City Park (Rapid City) - Oakwood - Pleasant Lake - River Rock (Owatonna) - Todd Park - Bear Cave (Stewartville) - St. Charles - Classic (Justin Trails) - Big Brother (Justin Trails) - Orchard Trail Park.

Again, these are my Villain courses I have pictured, not all the courses which DGCR has given me credit for.

I noticed on this list that I have not pictured Hidden Lake yet. I have played it numerous times, but apparently not with my Villain. That might be a possibility for me and maybe I can hit up some new 9 holer on the way back home. I have played Hassan before, but only for DGCR credit, not my Villain. Otherwise I noticed I missed some smaller ones like Rosland, Staring, and Moir which again I have played a million times but have not tagged with my disc. Maybe I can sweep through the south metro and add three more to my Villain.

Basically, I am heading out at the crack of dawn and would like to get in all my playing in by 2pm.

I would love to hit up Giant's Ridge, but that is just too much of a drive for me. I am looking at Mont du Lac, Sunday Nov 10 because I will be bowhunting in the area on the 8th and 9th. Yet with Mont du Lac being far closer to my cabin than Giant's Ridge, I can always hit Mont du Lac later if Giant's Ridge is still open Nov 10 and people are heading up there to play. Hopefully they will keep White Cedar open at Mont du Lac if the snow falls and they close Eagle's Peak for skiing.

Attacking two conversations at the same time. Here is the list of all the courses I have hit with my traveling Gold Line Villain. If I get out Monday, I would prefer to hit a new one, but all in all, I want to just get out and play.

(In some cases I forgot the name of the park and just listed the town it was in)

North Branch - Braham - Eagle's Peak (Mont du Lac) - White Cedar (Mont du Lac) - Pine City - Zachary Playfields - Bassett Creek - Central Park - Fort Snelling - Elm Creek - The Valley - Plymouth Creek - Sunnyside - Bryant Lake - HSSA - Silverview - Blue Ribbon Pines - Kaposia - Lakewood Hills - Wabun - Becker - Elk River - Monticello - Buffalo - Twin Lakes - Oakgrove - Red Oak - Alimagnet - Acorn - Highland Park - Hansen - Sportsman Hill (Clearwater) - Granite Ridge (Highbridge) - Gold (Highbridge) - Woodland Greens (Highbridge) - Bear (Highbridge) - Blueberry Hill (Highbridge) - Milaca - Reibe Park - Theo Wirth - Eagle's Edge - Cavalry Hill (Saint Cloud) - Millstream - Lum Park (Brainerd) - Jackson City Park (Rapid City) - Oakwood - Pleasant Lake - River Rock (Owatonna) - Todd Park - Bear Cave (Stewartville) - St. Charles - Classic (Justin Trails) - Big Brother (Justin Trails) - Orchard Trail Park.

Again, these are my Villain courses I have pictured, not all the courses which DGCR has given me credit for.

I noticed on this list that I have not pictured Hidden Lake yet. I have played it numerous times, but apparently not with my Villain. That might be a possibility for me and maybe I can hit up some new 9 holer on the way back home. I have played Hassan before, but only for DGCR credit, not my Villain. Otherwise I noticed I missed some smaller ones like Rosland, Staring, and Moir which again I have played a million times but have not tagged with my disc. Maybe I can sweep through the south metro and add three more to my Villain.

Basically, I am heading out at the crack of dawn and would like to get in all my playing in by 2pm.

I would love to hit up Giant's Ridge, but that is just too much of a drive for me. I am looking at Mont du Lac, Sunday Nov 10 because I will be bowhunting in the area on the 8th and 9th. Yet with Mont du Lac being far closer to my cabin than Giant's Ridge, I can always hit Mont du Lac later if Giant's Ridge is still open Nov 10 and people are heading up there to play. Hopefully they will keep White Cedar open at Mont du Lac if the snow falls and they close Eagle's Peak for skiing.

I'm all down for playing Mont Du when you come up! White Cedar stays open all winter long and is an absolute blast in the winter. We play glow leagues on Wednesdays!

St. Cloud Update: The Baskets at Riverside are to be taken out on Monday, November 4th.
Visit the Granite City this weekend for some late season rounds!

St. Cloud Update: The Baskets at Riverside are to be taken out on Monday, November 4th.
Visit the Granite City this weekend for some late season rounds!

Wow, that seems really late in the year for Riverside. When I lived up there it seemed like the course was only in from April to October. There were numerous times I would see people bring their portable baskets to continue playing the course.

I cannot make it this weekend, but that is the course that I learned to play and would like to hit up again some time in the near future.

We've been very fortunate to have it open for such a length of time. I've heard it's opening and closing is determined by having well established lawn, and the late season rain and lack of frost kept the grass in good condition.

Does MN have any real private courses not listed here on DGCR? I don't even want to know where I am just wondering how many non-DGCR courses exist...

Y'all been out playing lately? It's been so dang cold and all I can think about is hitting the course *sigh*

Y'all been out playing lately? It's been so dang cold and all I can think about is hitting the course *sigh*

I played on Saturday when the windchill was only -5. I stayed indoors on Sunday and Monday, but once the temperature breaks today I will probably hit up something local like Eagle's. Next Saturday when we are supposed to be back up into the high 20s or low 30s, I am definitely getting out. I am unsure of where yet, though.

Seth Peake played Moir the other morning when windchills were easily -40 just to prove that you could.

I played on Saturday when the windchill was only -5. I stayed indoors on Sunday and Monday, but once the temperature breaks today I will probably hit up something local like Eagle's. Next Saturday when we are supposed to be back up into the high 20s or low 30s, I am definitely getting out. I am unsure of where yet, though.

Seth Peake played Moir the other morning when windchills were easily -40 just to prove that you could.

A few years ago we had a group of 4-5 diehard buddies that would go out several times each week and play doubles. Getting all bundled up sucks for throwing but after doing it for a while you get used to it. We went out several times in 10-20 below weather.

i've been throwing so poorly that i haven't even had a desire to, but i'm going pretty crazy with not being able to find a job and i'm sick of pounding pavement/filling out applications online so i'll probably be throwing the next couple days with the temps as they are, alleviate some cabin fever and anxiety. i just can't throw well when my hands get cold, and they get cold pretty easily, even with handwarmers once you dip down into single digits and below. funny, considering i used to do snow removal. the rest of me is always warm. anyway. it'll be a nice, refreshing change of pace.

Anybody have an update on Elm Creek?

Elm creek is open and in great condition considering the amount of rain we have had. Hole 1 and 7 have some mud spots near the tube lift if you shoot long. Hole 2 had a large snow bank on the right side of the fairway on 5/9 and flooded on the left side- my guess it is still extremely wet. Other than some standing water puddles on 8 and part of a snow bank left on 18 I would consider the course in great condition. I will be trekking out there tonight for a quick 18 :thmbup:

Anybody have an update on Elm Creek?

Completely open. A little soggy on Holes 12 and 14. Snow is still sitting on Holes 2 and 18 which makes some of the fairways wet as well. The swamp is high on Holes 1 and 2, so you could be in trouble if you cannot find the fairway. The leaves are not in and the wild grass is still short, so no excuse for losing a disc in non-water spots. The swamp on the deep left of Hole 12 is almost up into the forest, so make sure nothing goes left when you try driving through that bottleneck.

I have already played 45 holes there with an average round time of 50 minutes. Drive - approach - putt. As always the only real challenge of Elm is managing the wind when you drive for maximum distance.

Latest posts