• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 aces...back to back

A buddy of mine aced back to back holes at Tyler State Park. He aced hole 24 in the A position and then aced hole 25 in the B position. Hole 24 was his first ace ever.

Now that's crazy. The round I hit my first ace in (hole 2), I hit clean basket an inch down on hole 8, and thought that was pretty nuts. I may have soiled myself if I had actually hit my first two aces in the same round.

Not quite the same, but a buddy of mine was playing cali at leagues here a few years ago and skip aced a hole on his first drive. Since he was cali and had one more throw left he decided to take another drive for fun. Skip aced again...

That's awesome.

I can't even imagine what that would be like. "Is this real life?"

Well like I said , it was surreal. I think throwing fewer molds back then helped. Our longest disc were lightnings and phantoms but at Winton we used XDs, coupes , and whamo molds for the most part. Plus , most of the aces were 150 ft or shorter. I think # 11 is 70 ft. Each year the Nati pro shop sponsors an "Attack on Winton" , every hole is reachable with a putter or mid range for advanced types. I suspect there may be a few old timers around here that has aced every hole on the course. The 30 plus years I played Winton, The only holes I have not aced there are #s 3, 4, 12 and 15.

You beat me to it Scott, but I found the picture of the scorecard (and I can spell his last name right!).

It was a tournament at Thunderhead in Steamboat (the old layout), holes 2 and 3.

jQ68Amc.jpg

Follow up an ace with a bogey. That has got to be frustrating.

A buddy of mine aced back to back holes at Tyler State Park. He aced hole 24 in the A position and then aced hole 25 in the B position. Hole 24 was his first ace ever.

Who, shvert? Yeah he was stoked for a while about that lol

Back in the old days ( late 80s ), a friend and I were playing Winton Woods and he and I matched aces on # 8. He proceeded to ace # 9 and #11 and I aced # 14. The next round he hit aces on # 9 and #18 and I hit # 11. We were throwing Coupes and XDs back then. We still talk about that magical day whenever we see each other. We had 8 aces that day, it was surreal.

I know PR reported to Guinness book for 3 aces in one round...

...On January 9, 2000, Philip Raymond of Memphis, TN ACED holes 11-210 ft., 13-258 ft., 15 -200 ft.in one round at Shelby Forest in Memphis. He also birdied 12 and 14, for a 5-hole total of seven strokes! Witnessed by Tambra Kleminsky, David Dunham, and Big Mike during an organized Sunday morning "league" round.

I don't know Big Mike but the others are still playing and haven't forgotten that round.

The last day Pease Park was in Austin before they pulled it, Jeff Barron hit back-to-back aces and I think one or both were on video.

Unfortunately, the course got permanently pulled a few years back due to politics, but we decided to start a club that played the old layout using a temp basket that we have a basket "runner" haul to each hole for the group.

The first time back out, Jeff hit an ace on the signature hole #5, THEN chained out, dead heart of chains, on #6.

So he was the last person to ace at the original course, then he was the first person to ace the new course...legendary. So I call him the "King of Pease" cuz he just shreds out there!

Back to Back Ace

I just got back to back Ace's forehand roc then back hand roc,

I was by myself so it never happend:(

Not back to back on consecutive homes but...
There's a dinky little niner (Melvindale Civic Center) that's conveniently close to work. I usually play two quick rounds and head home, so they're almost always solo.

A couple of years ago, I aced #3 (170ft), during my first round. :D. Aced it again my 2nd round. :D :D.

I know a 3rd time would have been statistically crazy, but...I just had to play a 3rd round that day. There's no way I'd have been able to sleep, wondering what could've been.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure there wasn't even a squirrel that witnessed either of them. :|

Last edited:
Back in the 80s, a husband and wife both aced the same hole at Acorn Park in the same round at different times as they were playing in different groups.

My first ace occurred when everybody was at work and not one other human was on the entirety of Grand Woods Park's property (Lansing, MI). I remember screaming YEAHHHH!!! and then hearing it echo off of nearby houses (hole #16) and thinking..."Aw, damn, who is going to believe me?" Tomahawked Whippet over trees, 1996. On a Mach III. (There used to be tall trees in the middle of that hole).

Now that I think about it, my first 6 aces, all in the 90's, were on Mach III's. We used to consider them great baskets!

Congrats on your back-to-back aces, OP!

Only been playing three years and have yet to hit an ace. I've hit the cage, the pole, the band, and chains on multiple occasions but haven't had one go in yet. I know when one finally goes in nobody will be around to witness it.

And aces under 200 feet don't count. Those are just long putts.

$135 ace pool for 1st ace at Otter Creek. I was preparing to throw on #10 when #9 got aced. I stopped and congratulated the thrower. Then I threw my drive and aced #10 less than 2 minutes later. Then hit the basket on #11.
I got half of the $135.

Also, my ace at Otter Creek was the 1st of 3 aces in consecutive tournaments for me.

Well our course is super short, but technical haha. It's a distinct possibility that it's happened. I can't recall the last time it did but that's because it's not that big an event. Lots of 200' holes. I think I saw my brother do two back to back. #4 and 5... and I think I've seen #10,11 before or #11,12. There's only a few holes that are easily aceable, sitting ducks in a row.

I remember trying to pull up an ace a few times playing doubles because we needed them. One time my partner hit a hole and I figured well I might as well throw and then I hit it too. We are a weird anomaly out here, if the course was as long as most courses you would have to be on fire to nail two back to back. Our original tonal course was installed before they invented these high fallootin "discs" when they were still called Frisbee's and the most popular were Wham-O.

I hit an ace and then metal on consecutive throws once... At an Ace Race. :D

By far the closest I've come to two in a row!

At a different ace race played on a 9 hole course I hit metal on the same hole both times around.

There's a pattern here I think. Short, easy holes. LOL!

Rock Searle hit back-to-back aces at PDGA worlds a few years ago. I'll hit him up and report back the details.

Paul Ulibari posted a scorecard recently with 3 aces in one round at Mineral Springs in Seattle.