• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$200 to spend, what you buy?

First thing I would do with a $200 DD credit is call them and ask if they have any unlisted collectors that I would want.

If no luck, buy a basket and gift it as a housewarming present to a friend.

Perhaps $200 worth of beginner discs to donate to a local school? I bet if you contacted them about it, they'd give you a deal on their mids and putters.

I'd start with this idea first. Seems like you already have what you want lets grow the sport.

thanks to stardoggy, my immediate reaction when discussing with one of our maintenance guys at work his retirement and whether or not he was going to continue working for a few more years or not he was like "If I work three more years thats an extra $300/mth. Do you know what you could do with an extra $300/mth" My initial response as I caught myself and chuckled was "Hookers and blow! cheap on the hookers and high dollar on the blow".....I had to explain cuz otherwise it was just awkward.

Get the cart. It might not be the best thing for playing your home course but it's nice in McKinney/when it turns summer.

I use mine at TL when it warms back up (mine was given to me though so it was the best price).

Run a tournament, use the $200 for prizes/ raffles and turn it in to $400 then you can get a couple things on your list! And you wont have to spend the cash on dynamic discs only

Mr Business man here... I like your style:clap:

thanks to stardoggy, my immediate reaction when discussing with one of our maintenance guys at work his retirement and whether or not he was going to continue working for a few more years or not he was like "If I work three more years thats an extra $300/mth. Do you know what you could do with an extra $300/mth" My initial response as I caught myself and chuckled was "Hookers and blow! cheap on the hookers and high dollar on the blow".....I had to explain cuz otherwise it was just awkward.

:hfive:

great responses to all. the blow and hookers and the sticker freeballing seem to be the most fun sounding short term but i keep coming back to the cart.

i have a pull cart now that i customized and use. it rocks and the tires never go flat, but before i did this i really wanted the go cart. i think if i get the go-cart i can donate my current cart and the back-up jogger sitting in the backyard.

as for the donations, i donate my fair share. i don't keep anything i find except on rare occasions. i try to find owners but that is usually wasted time. plus i have 4 kids so i am paving the way for the future and growing the sport in my own family, but i get the idea that you all are pushing. if i was going to donate for schools i would rather be able to give them hundreds of discs. plus i am stingy and want for myself.

great glow idea but i play a ton of glow and use my normal bag. everything in my bag either glows or is glowable(tape/lights). here is a link to my current cart with glow upgrades. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109172

again you guys have some great ideas. keep them coming!!

darren

I think you should invest in more Auxiliary Verbs, J/K, if disc golf.... in no order.

1. Bag - they retain value
2. CE Plastic
3. Discatcher Sport

great responses to all. the blow and hookers and the sticker freeballing seem to be the most fun sounding short term but i keep coming back to the cart.

i have a pull cart now that i customized and use. it rocks and the tires never go flat, but before i did this i really wanted the go cart. i think if i get the go-cart i can donate my current cart and the back-up jogger sitting in the backyard.

as for the donations, i donate my fair share. i don't keep anything i find except on rare occasions. i try to find owners but that is usually wasted time. plus i have 4 kids so i am paving the way for the future and growing the sport in my own family, but i get the idea that you all are pushing. if i was going to donate for schools i would rather be able to give them hundreds of discs. plus i am stingy and want for myself.

great glow idea but i play a ton of glow and use my normal bag. everything in my bag either glows or is glowable(tape/lights). here is a link to my current cart with glow upgrades. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109172

again you guys have some great ideas. keep them coming!!

darren

Maybe $2000...but umm...I can find a girl on Tinder in a day for free. I'd pay $200 for a $200 quality girl to leave if she showed up at my hotel room.

Honestly? I'd sell it for 180$ to someone on here and use 25$ of my own to buy mrglass's bag that's in the marketplace.

I was thinking this too. I do not need that bag at all but I want to buy it sooo bad.

You said you are a bag junkie, maybe a good chance to get a great bag for a great price with no wait.

If not this than I also vote cart.

I think you should do some sort of unique disc display for your house. You could do collector discs or just unique and interesting ones. Once you get them in you could even mount and frame them if you wanted to. I'm actually working on something like this right now and I think it'll be pretty cool