• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do I buy now?

I am at a point where I am happy with my bag, discs,
and the amount I have of them I have but I still keep getting store credit from doing well in tournaments.

The question is what do I buy now? I have started buying discs just because they look cool but I feel like that's not a great idea.

So any suggestions on what to buy? I'll pretty much buy any suggestions at this point lol

I normally through grace, enigma, TL, wraith, buzz, drone, force, mako, felon.

Idk any suggestions?

If the store has them and you can use scrip on them:

Practice basket(s)
DoubleG Craft Jerky
Shirts/Hats

If the store has them and you can use scrip on them:

Practice basket(s)
DoubleG Craft Jerky
Shirts/Hats

This store has ****ing everything. It's definitely the best dg store I have ever been too. I don't think I can use store credit in double g jerky. I wish though. Love myself some jerky.

If you can use the credit for a basket and don't already have one - get one and use it. That could possibly be the best purchase you make. Otherwise....a retriever. How many putters do you have? 5 of your go-to putting putters makes practice easier. A small bag for when you don't want to carry a full load.

I think most people buy the hottest/most popular/best looking molds and sell them for cash with extra fun money. The trick is knowing what will sell!

If you have to buy discs then buy backups for what you already throw. Putters are always good because you never can have too many practice putters.

If you want non-disc ideas then things you can use on the course aren't bad ideas- towels, grip bags, minis, maybe a retriever if you don't already have one, etc.

If you absolutely can't think of anything you want then buy light putters/ discs and donate to kids starter clubs/ charities. Bring some as prizes for a ctp next time you are playing dubs.

Putters and baskets can't go wrong. Hard to suggest molds if your bag is settled and backed up.. I'm sure there's some legendary discs you maybe wanted to try.. Teebird, Comet, Falk, Envy, Relay, piwakawaka, I can't imagine not wanting anything, but I'm on a disc budget so I don't blow my mortgage money.. :D

If you've got too much credit, maybe you need to move up a division?

I agree with the basket. You could just buy fancy tour discs or stuff that may have resale or collector value.

Use the store credit to buy baskets and build your own small backyard course.

If you've got too much credit, maybe you need to move up a division?

I agree with the basket. You could just buy fancy tour discs or stuff that may have resale or collector value.

What I'm seeing a lot of now is player's packs having gift cards instead of swag. The benefit is that you can get what you want. Too many tournaments I've gotten distance drivers that I'll never throw. The NADGT tournaments are giving points to the NADGT store (I think it is through Infinite). And then winning/placing adds more credit.

I would say do some experimenting. A few months ago, I thought I had a happy bag until I splashed a disc and picked up my first MVP an Orbital and love throwing it, and the other MVP's in my bag. I now have more MVP's in my bag than any other brand. The gripping is consistent from disc to disc, and so are the results. For the first time I can throw 13 and 14 speeds. You never know what you may find.

I guess I'll save up for a basket. I live in a tiny apartment so I never thought of it, and I have a hard time saving up my store credit, just tend to spend as a recieve.

What I'm seeing a lot of now is player's packs having gift cards instead of swag. The benefit is that you can get what you want. Too many tournaments I've gotten distance drivers that I'll never throw. The NADGT tournaments are giving points to the NADGT store (I think it is through Infinite). And then winning/placing adds more credit.

I play ma2, and in a LOT of tournaments and I normally cash (have only won one so far this year though).

My rating is like 910, I guess I could move up but I don't stand a chance in ma1 as I play right now.

I am at a point where I am happy with my bag, discs,
and the amount I have of them I have but I still keep getting store credit from doing well in tournaments.

The question is what do I buy now? I have started buying discs just because they look cool but I feel like that's not a great idea.

So any suggestions on what to buy? I'll pretty much buy any suggestions at this point lol

I normally through grace, enigma, TL, wraith, buzz, drone, force, mako, felon.

Idk any suggestions?
Focus on seeking out a couple of backups for everything that you have. I would also get a good putter stack going. I carry 2 of my putting-putters. I keep 4 in my car of the same mold to use practicing at the course. And I keep 5 in my backyard so I don't have to go to the car to get extras out to putt with at home.

Beyond that - if you're truly not interested in new discs and you don't want to spend your vouchers on apparel or other merchandise - you can always sell your voucher. I remember back in the day I would get a voucher for like $100 from a vendor and then I would sell that off for $75 to someone else at the tournament. Usually I'd cover my tournament entry, gas and food, and maybe even go home with a couple of dollars and someone else gets a nice discount.

Focus on seeking out a couple of backups for everything that you have. I would also get a good putter stack going. I carry 2 of my putting-putters. I keep 4 in my car of the same mold to use practicing at the course. And I keep 5 in my backyard so I don't have to go to the car to get extras out to putt with at home.

Beyond that - if you're truly not interested in new discs and you don't want to spend your vouchers on apparel or other merchandise - you can always sell your voucher. I remember back in the day I would get a voucher for like $100 from a vendor and then I would sell that off for $75 to someone else at the tournament. Usually I'd cover my tournament entry, gas and food, and maybe even go home with a couple of dollars and someone else gets a nice discount.

The 'selling' of the voucher is nice...if a physical voucher is given. Most of the tournaments I've been in that do 'vouchers', it's online and based on your information provided when registering for the tournament. For example, NADGT tournaments don't give out a physical voucher, you go to the link they provide and the credit builds up in your account. So there's no way to sell or even give the credit to someone else.

The 'selling' of the voucher is nice...if a physical voucher is given. Most of the tournaments I've been in that do 'vouchers', it's online and based on your information provided when registering for the tournament. For example, NADGT tournaments don't give out a physical voucher, you go to the link they provide and the credit builds up in your account. So there's no way to sell or even give the credit to someone else.
Interesting. I think that this is a case where I'd be signing up for events using a login I don't mind sharing with people for that purpose.

Redeem your script for some popular molds and then donate them as CTP prizes for a league.

Give back to the sport.

Disc retriever, new bag for glow, glow discs, blacklight flashlight, disc golf towels, hats, shirts, cart, good pair of athletic sunglasses, disc golf lawn chair for post round reflection, new cooler, socks, socks and some more socks, cooling towel, new boots.

Interesting. I think that this is a case where I'd be signing up for events using a login I don't mind sharing with people for that purpose.

Might not be a good idea. NADGT's is through Infinite Discs. You make a login there and get to use your points. But you can also spend money through your login. There might be a chance that someone uses the points, but doesn't have enough and you get charged for the extra.

You'd really have to trust whomever you shared it with.

A better solution would be to share the site with someone, so they can see what if available, and have them tell you what they want to get.

Latest posts