• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

I still say there's a Tee Bird sized hole in Discraft's line!
:popcorn:

The only reason I'd like one is 'cause I wanna play on Jim Kenner's course once, and he only allows Discraft to be thrown... the nerve of the guy! :D

Last edited:
Except for the "hold a nice turnover line with power" part, the Breeze turned and burned if you sneezed at it. :)

Sounds a lot like the discontinued Z Breeze.

I thought the breeze was a large diameter mid but after further looking into it it is a 21.3 cm small diameter.

The problem is the breeze was marketed as a mid and not a putter.

Everyone knows how many people try new putters to buy. I think Discraft could really sell a ton of discs like this if they had the right feel in the hand (rim profile) and flew very consistently.

I would want a putter that I can throw straight out to 200-220 and with more power throw on a turn over out past 275.

Plenty of other putters like this come to mind Lat 64 Pure, Innova XD, Vibram Summit, etc... but discraft has nothing like this.

I would want a putter that I can throw straight out to 200-220 and with more power throw on a turn over out past 275.

I know you have already talked about the ringer but it will do these shots that you are talking about. It will hold any line you put it on except for extreme hyzer shots. For those I would rather slow down a hornet or predator. If you throw it straight it will hold that line until it slows down but when it slows down it doesn't crash hard left like a challenger might. If I throw it flat and put some power on it, it will turn and hold the turn for a while until it slows down. Once again though it will fade out a little but not much. I can even throw it with some anhyzer and it will hold that line the whole way as well and when it slows down it just flattens out.

That is what I can do with a Z-Ringer. I really wish they would mass produce these because these are really great discs. I got one last week fro ManU and I have thrown it a lot on holes that I normally throw midranges. The d-Ringer will have even less fade once it gets beat in a little and will turn a lot easier and hold the turn once it does get a little seasoned.

Last edited:

Plenty of other putters like this come to mind Lat 64 Pure, Innova XD, Vibram Summit, etc... but discraft has nothing like this.

The thing is basically any putter in D plastic will break into that sweet turnover disc that you want in a fairly short period of time, and the backbone of Discraft's putter lineup, the Magnet, has the exact flight pattern you're describing right out of the box.

There is room for expansion in Discraft's understable putter department, but it's going to be a niche disc like the Wedge, not something that will drive tons of sales, like the Magnet/Challenger.

Wrong. Teebird == Stalker.

Stalker has a little high speed turn to it. Some people on here say it is slower even though I think it is the same speed if not a little faster than the t-bird.

Some of the Trackers flew similarly to a Teebird, but Trackers are very inconsistant IMO.

I know you have already talked about the ringer but it will do these shots that you are talking about. It will hold any line you put it on except for extreme hyzer shots. For those I would rather slow down a hornet or predator. If you throw it straight it will hold that line until it slows down but when it slows down it doesn't crash hard left like a challenger might. If I throw it flat and put some power on it, it will turn and hold the turn for a while until it slows down. Once again though it will fade out a little but not much. I can even throw it with some anhyzer and it will hold that line the whole way as well and when it slows down it just flattens out.

That is what I can do with a Z-Ringer. I really wish they would mass produce these because these are really great discs. I got one last week fro ManU and I have thrown it a lot on holes that I normally throw midranges. The d-Ringer will have even less fade once it gets beat in a little and will turn a lot easier and hold the turn once it does get a little seasoned.

The thing is basically any putter in D plastic will break into that sweet turnover disc that you want in a fairly short period of time, and the backbone of Discraft's putter lineup, the Magnet, has the exact flight pattern you're describing right out of the box.

There is room for expansion in Discraft's understable putter department, but it's going to be a niche disc like the Wedge, not something that will drive tons of sales, like the Magnet/Challenger.

Magnet is a normal slow speed putter. Pretty much what I am suggesting is a faster lower profile magnet. Picture if the zone and magnet had babies.

To a point ace race discs will become stupid because all you are doing is creating overlap.

I understand you can make that shot work with a ringer or a slower magnet but the point is discraft is needing to make a NEW MOLD. I was only suggesting a faster low profile putter would compliment their current low profile line up since the current ones are MORE OVERSTABLE then this putter would be.

And as far as sales and marketing this disc could do very well being marketed as a faster magnet for up shots and off the tee. Something slower than the buzz ss when you really just need the control of a putter but the distance of a mid.

I hope its something that i can use for rollers, like a stringrayish rolling midrange.
Stability -1.5 or -2

There are already discs in their line up that would be like that.

I am not familiar with their flight ratings but I know how their discs fly
and there is the meteor and other mids/fairway drivers that fly understable that make good turnover or roller discs. I think the xpress is kinda like that.

The meteor does however have a completely different flight and feel than a stingray.

I could be down for a fast flippy yet beefy midrange.
I know flippy and beefy contradicts itself but that is how the stingray really is.

If these were supposedly shipping last Wed as someone had mentioned a while back in this thread, shouldn't someone have gotten some and spilled the beans by now? Or is there some sort of oath of secrecy that I am unaware of?

And as far as sales and marketing this disc could do very well being marketed as a faster magnet for up shots and off the tee. Something slower than the buzz ss when you really just need the control of a putter but the distance of a mid.

discraft dart?

discraft dart?

I was thinking more flat like an XD instead of the slight dome a dart/goblin has.

The wedge is an okay disc but has way to small of a rim and is too flippy for what I was thinking.

I am interested in seeing what the disc will be. I am just hoping it is not an Overstable mid or a Driver of any kind.

A slightly flippy mid or a new putter would be nice for the ace race.

Maybe they should just re run the old Pro-D Challengers again!!! :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

No matter what they make this year's Ace Race disc, I will be wishing I could throw my Ion.

Latest posts