• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ace Race disc speculation

If these were supposedly shipping last Wed as someone had mentioned a while back in this thread, shouldn't someone have gotten some and spilled the beans by now? Or is there some sort of oath of secrecy that I am unaware of?

They finalized the disc and were ready to ship the players packs last Wednesday. No matter when the TD orders the players packs, they wont be shipped to them until the week of the event. I host one the first Saturday of August, and probably wont see them until Thursday or Friday that week.

NO ONE except discraft employees will know what the disc is until August.

They finalized the disc and were ready to ship the players packs last Wednesday. No matter when the TD orders the players packs, they wont be shipped to them until the week of the event. I host one the first Saturday of August, and probably wont see them until Thursday or Friday that week.

NO ONE except discraft employees will know what the disc is until August.

Ah, got it. :doh:

Thanks for the explanation.

To dave's comment of "fast flippy beefy mid"...

I believe that wound be dga's squall. Its fast off of the tee, longer type mid that flys smooth with a forward finish. It moves quite a bit right, in a more turn than flip way, but fades left pretty hard.
On a fh approach, it takes the anny like a comet or magnet would, but hyzers back late.

I still say there's a Tee Bird sized hole in Discraft's line!
:popcorn:

The only reason I'd like one is 'cause I wanna play on Jim Kenner's course once, and he only allows Discraft to be thrown... the nerve of the guy! :D

what course is that?
He's got a private, "invitation only" course in Michigan... as far as I know, it's not published anywhere and I believe he wants to keep it that way. I can respect that. Heard he only allows Discraft on the course... I can respect that, too.

No matter what they make this year's Ace Race disc, I will be wishing I could throw my Ion.

If you play my Ace Race (09/11/2011 at LTC Cleveland (more event details here)), you have the option of playing the "Ace Revenge" (for an additional $10), where you will play the same format as the Ace Race, but can use any 2 discs you wish and have a chance to win a portable basket or a bunch of other prizes!

if it's not Buzzz OS after all the rumors then I might turn green and destroy some things.

I thought the disc is typically leaked by now. Whats up with it? Have the TDs not started receiving their packages yet?

I remember early August it being announced, but I could be wrong. I've been hoping it's an moderately stable/overstable fairway. Something to fill the Talon/X2/Reaper/Cyclone2 hole. Put something between the Stalker and the Predator. I think the got mids and putters well covered for now.

so what's the deal with the Nebula???

Buzzz OS???

The Neb was never put into production b/c they had problems molding it consistently. They kept getting little dimples on the side of the rim evidently. To me it was a Buzzz OS and I love the smaller diameter. I would go as far as to say it is one of the best small diameter mids ever made.