• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Christmas in July Secret Santa

This year for sure though, please.

I don't think it's a terrible idea. I know some folks would be turned off by this b/c they don't do any trading and just want to get in on the good vibes. Doesn't really matter to be because:

1 - I'm not organizing it :D
II - I'm in the top 10 for iTrader feedback, so I ain't skurd

It would suck to turn people away because of it but it would be worth it to protect those who are in it. It wouldn't have to be anything high, like 5 or 10 max (and I would recommend a minimum post count as well, maybe 100). Just something to show that you can trade on this forum in the proper manner and that you use the forum, not just lurk.

It's the same reason 2-somes aren't allowed to make a card in a disc golf tournament. Not because those people WILL cheat, but because it is too easy for them to cheat and why give them the chance?

Also, If you aren't here to trade then why do you want to get in on SS, isn't that basically what it is? If you want to get in on it you have a few months to buy/sell some discs on here and get a few feedback.

FWIW I also think sending to the person that sends to you is better/simpler. Any thoughts from the 2 guys who have run this before?

I'm willing to run the Christmas one since apparently I have strong views about how it should be run. :cool:

Another thought is to leave feedback for the past ss packages received, if theve been known to send ss before id bet they do it again even if they do lurk.

I'm in for christmas!!! at the same time maybe we should be alittle more careful about who you let in!!! Whoever runs the christmas ss give my gift to sombody who got screwed in christmas in july....I'm hooking sombody up.

It would suck to turn people away because of it but it would be worth it to protect those who are in it. It wouldn't have to be anything high, like 5 or 10 max (and I would recommend a minimum post count as well, maybe 100). Just something to show that you can trade on this forum in the proper manner and that you use the forum, not just lurk.

I have participated in both, and I only have 4 itrader feedbacks (positive). Would this mean that I would not be allowed to participate yet again?

i was thinking more along the lines of number of posts.. i dont think trader feedback should be a must.. just enough posts to see your active here

FWIW I also think sending to the person that sends to you is better/simpler. Any thoughts from the 2 guys who have run this before?

I'm willing to run the Christmas one since apparently I have strong views about how it should be run. :cool:

I volunteered with solomon to help him or who ever is running it.. if nothing else to double check lists and addresses, or what ever needs to be done.. I had a great time this summer with this and can't wait until xmas.. I'm already scooping up swag! :hfive:

I really would like to be involved in the Christmas SS as well... but I have no iTrader feedback because I haven't attempted to sell, buy, or trade anything on the site yet. All of the discs I sell and trade are done locally and 100% for the disc golf club I run.....I get lots of players who drop of unused plastic that I sell for $2.00 a piece... no matter what it is... as long as it is not stolen (I do double check if numbers and names are present on the disc).

However... I am willing to send out a disc or two to somebody who got snubbed during Christmas in July... that just ain't cool at all... and I think there are 4 (maybe 5) who definately missed out on SS packages. Is anybody organizing this?

and when does the actual SS in December start? cause I want to make sure I pick up sweet swag for two...maybe three packages - I plan on using the swag I receive for prizes during my clubs 2012 season!

I think number of posts should be a prerequisite, say 500. Not everyone on here uses the marketplace frequently, but I like to think I stay pretty active around here.

We could try process of elimination, who sent packages that didn't have anyone post as received. Maybe those are the people were looking for.

500 seems awfully high, what if someone you know personally vouches for you? I disc with a few people on here that post and review all the time.

Another thought is to leave feedback for the past ss packages received, if theve been known to send ss before id bet they do it again even if they do lurk.

This, You need positive feedback on a previous SS to participate

I'm all in on the let's crucify those who forsake the SS but let's not get carried away here. I think the 500 post qualification is a bit much.

I think at least asking people to post in the SS thread should be one qualification. Some of the people who were involved never even posted; and I know there were quite a few people who had no clue whether the person received their package or not.

You just need a motivator and a good motivator is that those who never send get their names and addresses posted publicly. I'm pretty sure people will send if they know the lot that constitutes this forum will have their name and address if they don't do their part.

You just need a motivator and a good motivator is that those who never send get their names and addresses posted publicly. I'm pretty sure people will send if they know the lot that constitutes this forum will have their name and address if they don't do their part.

I agree that this would be an excellent motivating factor.

Latest posts