• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Southern California March Meet

Putting Contest: lets do like D-I-S-C..(like horse in Basketball) just a thought

I really like that idea. We could incorporate some obstacles (ie. going around trees) into the basket location to make things interesting.

Do this on Saturday when I'm there and I can broadcast it live to UStream for anybody who wants to watch the fun remotely (assuming there's a decent 3G signal at Casitas). Winning!

Cups tournament is a good idea.

Also Baseball is a good putting game.

cups tourny would be epic.

round my parts we play 21. just like horse, but theres a point system and you have to get 21 on the nose to win. sometimes that means having to hit chains only and miss the shot. sometimes basket only. might be fun.:D

Cups tournament is a good idea.

Also Baseball is a good putting game.

cups tourny would be epic.

round my parts we play 21. just like horse, but theres a point system and you have to get 21 on the nose to win. sometimes that means having to hit chains only and miss the shot. sometimes basket only. might be fun.:D

Can you guys explain these games?

Cups? You mean flip cup? How bout a beer pong tourney as well?
Cups

Each team has two green garden stakes placed a disc and a fist's width apart. A plastic cup is placed on top of each stake. The two teams are about 40 feet apart.

If you knock off an opponent's cup and it hits the ground you get a point.
If they catch a cup (one hand without trapping) that you knocked off they get the point instead.
If you throw the disc cleanly through both stakes and it is uncaught you get two points.
If they catch a clean disc no points are awarded.
You must always hold a beer. If you put it down without a time out called the other team gets a point.

Baseball

You have 9 spots ranging from 20-40 feet surrounding the basket. These are the different innings. Each player throws 4 discs an inning (unless they strike out. see below.)

If you hit metal above the top of the basket rim you get a man on base.

If you sink your putt you get a run. If you have men on base they score too. (RBI)

Below the basket rim or a complete airball counts as a strike.

3 strikes in a row and you're out.

Highest score after 9 innings wins.

Each player uses three putters.
First player picks a spot, drops their marker and putts behind said marker with their discs.
Score points by making the putt (3 points), hitting chains (2 points) and hitting crown or basket (1 point). Hitting pole below the basket results in a 1 point deduction. No penalty for air-balls.
Players rotate (in order), taking turns picking the spot the group shoots from.
First to 21 (on the dot) wins.
If you go over 21 (you have 20 and are aiming for basket (1 point) and it goes in and scores 3), your turn ends and you go back to 15.

We play a putting game we named "bocce putt". It's to much effort to type the rules but it involves money and is very easy to learn. Could be a good one for messing around at the site at nightime. I think it's mandatory to play with a beer in your hand. Wait I just added that rule. It's a putting game where you call each other out who can make more putts from a spot. The spot is determined by rolling your putter and putting from wherever it ends up. Then after that spot you roll your putter from there to the next spot etc.... might sound whack but it's fun.

I'm sure we can make some games like "Beer putt" where you take two baskets 30 feet apart (or whateer is agreed upon) and everytime you sink a putt the other team has to drink.

Each player uses three putters.
First player picks a spot, drops their marker and putts behind said marker with their discs.
Score points by making the putt (3 points), hitting chains (2 points) and hitting crown or basket (1 point). Hitting pole below the basket results in a 1 point deduction. No penalty for air-balls.
Players rotate (in order), taking turns picking the spot the group shoots from.
First to 21 (on the dot) wins.
If you go over 21 (you have 20 and are aiming for basket (1 point) and it goes in and scores 3), your turn ends and you go back to 15.

I guess im slow, Welcome Back Man!!!!

Tomorrow is the LAST day to order T-shirts. Make sure you order them from Snappyfingers by tomorrow night!!!

dont_miss_out.png

Latest posts