• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Southern California March Meet

I'm still looking for suggestions/ideas on the food situation. Should everyone just bring their own or should I start some kind of fund and do some group shopping before we arrive? Booze will be BYOB, as will any medicinal flowers. :)

Tom, if you're interested in getting your own site, try to get one close to us so you don't have too far to stumble back to your tent! :p

Night golf... I have no idea about if lights and light towers are cool. Maybe Zenbot can chime in and give us some insight on that issue.

Music... if anyone has a sound system they can bring that would be awesome. I have no info on noise levels, etc so maybe Zenbot can give us the lowdown on that too.

T-shirts... should I look into this? I think it would be really cool to have some shirts printed to commemorate this historic event! Still looking for someone who could do some art for us.

Disc golf agenda... should we do some kind of friendly/casual competition? Doubles? We don't necessarily have to plan this out but if peeps are interested in some sort of tourney it might be smart to get details worked out, like prizes, etc. Maybe Apoth can work some kind of deal with DTW and get us some cheap or even better free plastic we could use as prizes. Also, should we start an ace pool?

Like Zenbot said, this is gonna be INSANE!

If anyone has anything they can volunteer please step up and let me know. The more little details we can get worked out, the better this event is going to be. And the sooner the better.

As details are ironed out I'll be posting all needed information. I'll try to see if a mod can give me the ability to edit the original post in the thread so everyone doesn't have to read through pages and pages just to find the necessary information.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone who has already reserved a site! And a big thanks in advance to anyone who can help getting the little details worked out. If everyone works together, we can make this meet truly epic! :thmbup:

I think light towers might bring unwanted interest from the rangers and would ruin your night vision.

There is quiet time in the campgrounds but seeing as how there are no campers near the course we can set up a secondary base near 7's tee pad. We can be pretty loud there.

I think light towers might bring unwanted interest from the rangers and would ruin your night vision.

Yeah, light towers might be a bit too much. Plus combining darkness + gasoline + booze + rangers might get us into some kind of trouble.

There is quiet time in the campgrounds but seeing as how there are no campers near the course we can set up a secondary base near 7's tee pad. We can be pretty loud there.

This sounds great. I like my beats funky and played under the starry night sky. Anyone have a nice portable sound system?

Hey Zenbot, what kind of walk is it from G to the course? Or will we have to drive back and forth?

Yeah, light towers might be a bit too much. Plus combining darkness + gasoline + booze + rangers might get us into some kind of trouble.

This sounds great. I like my beats funky and played under the starry night sky. Anyone have a nice portable sound system?

Hey Zenbot, what kind of walk is it from G to the course? Or will we have to drive back and forth?
It's not a bad walk at all. At most a quarter mile to teepad 18.

I tried reserving a spot today at work, and by the time somebody picked up the phone a damn customer would walk in. Going to try again tomorrow on break.:wall: Is anybody planning on bringing their girl/wife or some random girls? My girl can hang with the boys on the course, but don't think she'll have fun being the only girl around the campsites.

Last edited:
I tried reserving a spot today at work, and by the time somebody picked up the phone a damn customer would walk in. Going to try again tomorrow on break.:wall:

Did you see the map I posted? Try to get something close to sites 25-28. Some place like 29-31. It would be totally radical if you and Ventura Tom could get two right next to each other!
Whatever you end up getting let us know so we can get others to try and get spots near you! And thanks for reserving a spot! :hfive:
Looking forward to meeting and playing some golf with you!

I'll probably go and buy a sound system this weekend. So everyone can bring their Ipods, or just deal with my musical taste.

As for the food situation, I think everyone should bring their own, and if they can afford a little extra to share, that would be great. I will bring extra food.

If we can find someone to design the shirts, I can get them made pretty cheap.

I tried reserving a spot today at work, and by the time somebody picked up the phone a damn customer would walk in. Going to try again tomorrow on break.:wall: Is anybody planning on bringing their girl/wife or some random girls? My girl can hang with the boys on the course, but don't think she'll have fun being the only girl around the campsites.

I think DonnieSharko is bringing his girlfriend.

Is anybody planning on bringing their girl/wife or some random girls? My girl can hang with the boys on the course, but don't think she'll have fun being the only girl around the campsites.

I'm curious about this too. Everyone is welcome but peeps should think about what the hell their lady is going to do while we're all out getting our debauchery on! Like I said in the original post, drama ain't allowed... :|
I just got dumped by my girl so the only lady I'll be bringing is Mary Jane! :p

As far as 'random girls' go though... I'm all about it, as long as you bring some extra for me! :p :p :p

[ Is anybody planning on bringing their girl/wife or some random girls? My girl can hang with the boys on the course, but don't think she'll have fun being the only girl around the campsites.[/QUOTE]

I will be bringing my girlfriend, after all she did reserve the camp site. As for the dishes I am just bringing a stein.:)

woot! site 22 reserved..... Should be a good time. I will only have 2-4 peeps with me so I might have a spot or two available. Once again if anyone from Tahoe/sac area needs a ride let me know.

woot! site 22 reserved..... Should be a good time. I will only have 2-4 peeps with me so I might have a spot or two available. Once again if anyone from Tahoe/sac area needs a ride let me know.

Awesome!

Ok, here's a map showing what our group has reserved so far....

grebe.jpg

Latest posts