• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Yeah, Discraft is really dropping the ball for the early events. Players won't sign up or will travel a bit further for later events if they have no clue what the disc they're getting is, let alone what else is in the player's pack this year.

I just don't get it. They know what the disc is. I'm sure they have them pumped out in a factory waiting to get put into packs. What's with the marketing hold-up?

2012 Prototype Disc
What will it be? The last four years have alternated between putters and mids. Some say we're due for a driver.

We announce whenever we feel like it!!
-discraft
Ftfy

I have been the TD for my local Ace Race for the last three years. In that time, I have noticed that Discraft generally waits until the last minute to annouce the disc. Typically, that is around the time they ship to the first Ace Race. Last year, they did not announce the disc until August 1st. This year does not appear to be any different than the last three years.

I believe that Discraft keeps the disc a mystery until the last minute to build marketing hype. True, the first 2 weeks of Ace Races will have to place there order before the disc is announced, but I think the fact that they get to be one of the first events balances out the disadvantage of not knowing the disc.

How long do these usually hang around? Is it something that I could jump on or can I wait? Id like to give it a try, though I just started and the chances of an ACE are slim for me. Still seems like a decent deal, 2 discs, a mini some stickers for 25 isn't bad, they throw a bag in there and its a steal. Moneys not there right now for me though.

Also the 2 ace race discs that never saw production, Zeppelin and Nebula? Are they worth seeking out at all?

How long do these usually hang around? Is it something that I could jump on or can I wait? Id like to give it a try, though I just started and the chances of an ACE are slim for me. Still seems like a decent deal, 2 discs, a mini some stickers for 25 isn't bad, they throw a bag in there and its a steal. Moneys not there right now for me though.

Also the 2 ace race discs that never saw production, Zeppelin and Nebula? Are they worth seeking out at all?

I would highly recommend going. With the great players pack, everyone is a winner. Generally, the teeboxes are moved closer to increase the chance of Aces, so you would have a chance. Generally, there is only 1 per area (30 mile radius) and only from August to October.

Some events will have a few spare packs on hand for walk-ons, but with the upfront cost to the organizers, that cannot be expected. If you're short the cash, your best bet is to find the event you want to go to and get ahold of the TD (organizer) and try to work out a payment plan.

As for seeking out the "rejects", don't make it a lifetime goal or anything, but the short answer if you're looking to bolster your collection is "yes."

The Nebula is a decent stable mid that has a following, but doesn't work significantly better than stuff that's already out there. Still, it doesn't do anything really wrong[ either, so worst case, it's another mid to play around with.

The Zepplin was a much more polarizing disc. It's a huge, floaty putter...and that's pretty much where the hard facts stop. You'd have to try one to know if it works for you or not. Worst case there, you'll have a decent catch disc.

I would highly recommend going. With the great players pack, everyone is a winner. Generally, the teeboxes are moved closer to increase the chance of Aces, so you would have a chance. Generally, there is only 1 per area (30 mile radius) and only from August to October.

I think I will. I guess I was just wondering if I could wait it out a little or not. I was also think you sign up on the site, I guess not so I would assume signing up with the even organizer. There are actually a few "near" me.

I think I will. I guess I was just wondering if I could wait it out a little or not. I was also think you sign up on the site, I guess not so I would assume signing up with the even organizer. There are actually a few "near" me.

Registration is handled by the local TD, not Discraft. Each TD will do registration different. Due to the fact that each TD has to buy the players packs before the event, pre-registration is usually required or highly recommended.

Registration is handled by the local TD, not Discraft. Each TD will do registration different. Due to the fact that each TD has to buy the players packs before the event, pre-registration is usually required or highly recommended.

ahh see ok yeah that makes sense. So I gotta talk to the Gf and see where she would rather go. the 2 that would be easy for me to get to are sep 8th and sep 28th so I mean I got time.

I have it on good authority that they PLAN on releasing a teaser either today or tomorrow. No guarantees but when we placed our package order today that is what they said.

ahh see ok yeah that makes sense. So I gotta talk to the Gf and see where she would rather go. the 2 that would be easy for me to get to are sep 8th and sep 28th so I mean I got time.

the one at holly woods is always a good time with some good people. they also do a 1 disc tournament the same day that is a lot of fun.

the one at holly woods is always a good time with some good people. they also do a 1 disc tournament the same day that is a lot of fun.

Yeah, Im just waiting to renew my plates next month so I can get my "recreation passport" lol.

I think Im going to try and hit some of their events and see whats what with them. I think itll be fun.

Just posted by Discraft, could it be a clue?
3f0bfcef.jpg

it's gonna be a high speed driver. something to compete with the slightly tweaked stuff from Innova like the teedevil.... Force SS?

it's gonna be a high speed driver. something to compete with the slightly tweaked stuff from Innova like the teedevil.... Force SS?

Wont be another HS driver imo

This is the ace race... tossing high speed drivers in an ace race woudlnt be much fun... putters mids or fairway please.

They are long overdue for a true fairway driver. The Stalker just doesn't cut it. That disc is way too inconsistent from run to run, plastic to plastic, IMO.

Latest posts