• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Really? I was just going to go to 2 different ACE races to get 2. I still may, I'm just getting into this and it would be nice to get out and meet people around the area.

Depends on your area. The $25 doesn't just get you a player's pack. It also gets you a day of running at the chains with fellow DGers. If you have 2 in your area I'd suggest going to both as opposed to buying 2 packs for one tourney.

Really? I was just going to go to 2 different ACE races to get 2. I still may, I'm just getting into this and it would be nice to get out and meet people around the area.

Usually they have pre registrations for them and thats when its best to order 2 or 3 or 4. No guarantee that when you show up they will have extras to sell. TDs usually buy enough to cover the pre registrations and then a few extras but not to many because they have to pay for them out of pocket.

Depends on your area. The $25 doesn't just get you a player's pack. It also gets you a day of running at the chains with fellow DGers. If you have 2 in your area I'd suggest going to both as opposed to buying 2 packs for one tourney.

If you have the time ofcourse. I can only make it to one so im just buying both there. But if i had the choice id rather play in 2 ace races!

If you have the time ofcourse. I can only make it to one so im just buying both there. But if i had the choice id rather play in 2 ace races!

Yeah oh course, that way I was probably going to do both. The one is very close to me and the other isn't very far either, its at least an area I'm in enough to make it easy to drive down there. Also neither is until September so I can pay for one this month and the other one next month if I need to.

From Ace Race Facebook page:

2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!

Ace Race Disc Announced

From Discraft's Facebook Page:

Discraft said:
‎2012 Proto: A Hybrid Driver!

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!

396088_10151028180363644_1292280050_n.jpg

hmmmm teebirdish?

Just saw that. I wasn't aware there was room between the stalker and buzzz though :\
Player pack looks like a good deal for the price

You beat me to it! I posted it as a new thread too.

Attached is the picture they released on FB

Attachments

• 202482_10151028180363644_1292280050_o.jpg
    202482_10151028180363644_1292280050_o.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 77
My prediction is still a longer, understable mid like a Warship or Fuse. I think their backbone mid, the Buzzz, has been getting some flak as of late because of these small-company mids that are longer and glidey. I'm not knocking the Buzzz, it's still my most used mid. But from a marketshare standpoint, they're missing out on people even just "trying" the longer mids. It doesn't matter if they go back to the Buzzz or keep it in the bag; if people are buying a disc that MAY be a Buzzz replacement for them then Discraft will want people to be buying their potential Buzzz replacement.

And the Ace Race strikes me as a perfect platform to build steam on a disc like that. People like it, they put it in production. People don't like it, they never have to deal with the costly mistake of a full-out production run on a new disc *cough* Groove *cough*

Called it!

Hmmm, should be a nice disc for Ace Racing, but it's kind of a weird gap in their line up...those "Long Range Drivers" are basically midranges by today's standards.

Latest posts