• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 collecting or discs won

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
What discs have been your favorite this year that you either picked up or won playing? I always like to hear what others were able to track down. I was looking through the discs I picked this up year and have to say my Innova team stamped metal flake leopard/gator and adding multiple field dressed gazelles to the collection were mine. What are yours?

I was very frustrated by the mad dash for 10 year Buzzzes. Thankfully the resale market for them didn't explode and I was able to get my hands on a few for reasonable prices.

I really like the way they fly and put one right in the bag.

I also started playing around with the Pure quite a bit. I started the year having never thrown or owning one. I now have 11 of them...

For me this is an easy one to answer, I was just coincidentally on ebay one night searching and some guy was posting alot of old discs such as Champion Edition plastic(which I personally think is garbage) but many were first runs such as CE Leopard, CE Eagle, CE Valkyrie in either 10/10 condition or uninked and barely used. The only other disc and final disc he posted because when I clicked on the other links they had already been sniped was this 11x clear kc pro teebird 174g, still in the original bag. The buy it now was for 20.00. I kept it for a while, got many good offers on it. Basically all offers were 100+ on it but finally got a number that was a little bit higher than the others when I decided to move it. Kept it from March til September, miss it in my collection.

Untitled by timj5304, on Flickr

Bought a DD mystery box at the very beginning of the year. Several very good finds, including the Lat 64 GL Saint and Opto Core, Westside King VIP and Underworld. Also won a Z Surge SS which has proven to be very servicable. Not into collecting, so scoring plastic to throw is more my style.

For me this is an easy one to answer, I was just coincidentally on ebay one night searching and some guy was posting alot of old discs such as Champion Edition plastic(which I personally think is garbage) but many were first runs such as CE Leopard, CE Eagle, CE Valkyrie in either 10/10 condition or uninked and barely used. The only other disc and final disc he posted because when I clicked on the other links they had already been sniped was this 11x clear kc pro teebird 174g, still in the original bag. The buy it now was for 20.00. I kept it for a while, got many good offers on it. Basically all offers were 100+ on it but finally got a number that was a little bit higher than the others when I decided to move it. Kept it from March til September, miss it in my collection.

That is one heck of find/return on investment!

Wizards. Finally picked one up in the spring and became hooked. Now have 15 of them, with the 2010 Pro Worlds stamped one the coolest...although my favorite is the one I just picked up my first ace with and has been retired.

Night shift came 1st, then special blend and finally it officially turned into star

I have people that want to trade discs for my photographs occasionally which I normally never do. This year I made an exception and was able to pick up another Pro Firebird due to a trade. I also bought another Pro Leopard in Champion or CE plastic and a few more Innova Gremlins which I am always looking for.

This year I really got the DG bug and started collecting discs. It's funny because I don't really remember the last time I had bought a disc so I didn't know anything about the "newer" companies like Lat64, MVP, Prodigy, etc... So let me list what me likes :D

Star Teebird- This is my go-to driver. Ol' reliable. Loves.
2013 Ace Race proto- I like this disc for a lightweight, easy chucker. I need to use it more.
Z Buzzz- I can't believe I didn't have a Buzzz until this year! It is my main midrange and I love it.
Proton Tangent- Fell in love with this disc and have been using it for shots I'd usually give to the Buzzz (shhh don't tell Buzzz)
ESP FLX Drone- Mine is fat and glides like a brick, but it is becoming more usable. I also love it for flicks around trees
Neutron Ion- My first new putter in years. I only had my FLX Challenger forever and figured I should get another putter. I decided to try the Ion and even though I love my Chally, I think I'll be giving putting duties to Ion and upshot duties to Challenger.

Honorable mentions- TP Tursas and GL Saint. I lost my Tursas shortly after I got it so I didn't get to throw it much. I got another one (which is the prettiest disc!) but still need to learn it. I liked the Saint at first but kept messing up shots that I thought would come back left. I think I might use it once I get more distance on my drives.

CryZtal Meteors. Mmmmm, butter!

DD Suspects are probably my new craze. Looking to pick up a Classic Blend and see how they compare to the Lucid and Fuzion versions.

DD Suspects are probably my new craze. Looking to pick up a Classic Blend and see how they compare to the Lucid and Fuzion versions.

I had a Bio that I thought was the bee's knees for a few weeks...the luster wore off quickly for me.

ESP Meteor. I got it the beginning ofthis year and already have 3 aces on it and it has won me over $200.

For collecting I've been a sucker for 11x and 11x KC Pro Eagles. I've probably had 20 different ones over the course of the year.

Latest posts