• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Hmmm...two pint glasses and koozie, perfect for the ace race we are having at the Brewery/Creeping Creek Aug 10. :cool:

Love the Players Packs.
10 items (2 discs, 2 tumblers, 2 reusable scorecards, Magnet mini, koozi, sticker and pencil)
Not sure about the disc, but I'll have to throw it before I make a judgement.
Ordering 100 tonight for our Ace Race on August 3rd.

Not to the extreme but a driver for a ace race. I will go and have fun still. But would be nice to have a disc that you can finesse. There were a lot of complaints last year about having to throw a driver hybrid beeline at the basket. This year is no different. Don't get all upset its an opinion. Woooo. I would just like to see a slower speed disc for these events. Everyone gets all up in their feelings.

Last edited:
Not to the extreme but a driver for a ace race. I will go and have fun still. But would be nice to have a disc that you can finesse. There were a lot of complaints last year about having to throw a driver hybrid beeline at the basket. This year is no different. Don't get all upset its an opinion. Woooo. I would just like to see a slower speed disc for these events. Everyone gets all up in their feelings.

Lol who are you talking to?

So is it time to call the disc the "nuke-leus". "Should be at the center of every players bag" Oh thy was bad

I picked up a Zombee a couple months ago, and have loved it. I wish I'd played an Ace Race, because it seems like an interesting disc for that to me. Frankly I just didn't really see a hole in Discraft's midrange lineup that needed attention, and their putters seem pretty good too, so a slower speed driver makes sense. Hopefully this will be a fairway-type driver as opposed to a warp speed. If so I will be playing multiple races for sure.

For what it's worth, I was hoping for an OS complement to the Zombee.

Player's pack looks sweet. As TD of this year's Ace Race in Madison, I can tell you that I still plan to keep most of the holes around the same distance as the last two years, when we had the big putter and the Zombee. As someone else said, take some steam off the shot and throw it straight. Remember, you don't have to worry if you miss and throw it 50-75' past the basket.

About the only thing they don't have is a really flippy mid, right? The Meteor is their most understable mid. So, they need to make a Kite-like disc. Easy to throw, with super glide, in ESP plastic.

I haven't left the house without a Stratus since it debuted.

Great pack. The disc makes good business sense. It'll probably be popular, and go into production after the Race. I was hoping for a mid, but it'll still be fun to test this one out.

This sounds like fun and I want to enter. Even though I think it's weird that they would do an ace race with a distance driver it still should be fun and interesting. The closest course to me where they are doing it is not very big so I am not sure how these discs will fare. I've never made an ace before so I don't have any expectations :p

They're calling it a "distance driver" which is not Discraft equivalent to wide rimmed. I don't think it'll be a good disc for the Race, but it might make my bag if it doesn't overlap with the Leo, or Amp too much.

Getting pumped for this one...

Took myself out of the Ace Race today after finding out it's another driver. I have no need to play an ace race with holes between 75-150 feet with a driver. Makes no sense to me.

Took myself out of the Ace Race today after finding out it's another driver. I have no need to play an ace race with holes between 75-150 feet with a driver. Makes no sense to me.

We were fortunate enough to have a smart TD for the Ace Race at Severin Lang last year. He set up quite a few 150-200ft holes.

Player's pack looks sweet. As TD of this year's Ace Race in Madison, I can tell you that I still plan to keep most of the holes around the same distance as the last two years, when we had the big putter and the Zombee. As someone else said, take some steam off the shot and throw it straight. Remember, you don't have to worry if you miss and throw it 50-75' past the basket.

Good point.

Also, I don't hate the players packs. Just thought I'd be a little more blown away.

Can't wait to try out the new discs though.

After looking at their history of ace race discs it seems like they have been more geared towards midrange, even last year's Zombee has been described as more of a midrange instead of a "long range driver". So hopefully this year's disc will be something similar instead of having to throw a distance driver at a 200 foot hole. I've never done an ace race or anything like this before so I am excited to have the opportunity :D

And come on, you get 2 pint glasses and a Ti mini magnet! I'd say that's incentive enough to give it a try. It would be nice if Discraft provided something to go in the pint glasses...

Latest posts