• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

Looks like a strong package to me. I'm fine with it being a driver.
FYI Discraft categorizes discs as follows on their site (with examples):

Max Distance Drivers:
Nuke
Force
Surge
Avenger
Crush
Flash

Extra Long Distance Drivers:
XL
XS
Stalker
Predator
Flick

Long Range Drivers:
Zombee
Impact
Glide
Stratus Eclipse

Having released the Zombee last year, I have a feeling this will fit into their Extra Long Distance Drivers group. Could be a winner, and you gotta love that their running them in Ti plastic. :thmbup:

Typically, you'd describe a beginner friendly disc as somewhat flippy... Personally, I'm looking forward to the release of the "Molester" as an understable complement to the overstable Predator and the stable Stalker to round out the set, but I somehow, I don't think they'll run with that one. :\

Last edited:
Seriously, Nebraska needs an Ace Race

host one!

i don't get why people get their panties in a bunch one way or the other about what kind of disc it is or what is in the player pack. the whole point is to go out, have fun, and just run at the chains.

depending on how many players total, i love it when we do just a few big groups. it is fun watching a bunch of people run the chains and it doesn't take that much longer for a big group anyway.

can't wait to play again this year! titanium mini magnet looks sweet

Many players that go to the AR are new, or less skilled. With a driver, many TD's might want to make the holes over 150ft. This makes ace chances rare, and not as fun, given that's the main point of the event. I would guess that is why most are complaining about the disc. It's probably going to be a great disc, apart from the Race, and sell well. I guess time will tell. Gotta love that it comes in Ti. :thmbup:

Excited to go this year. The player package looks sweet and it was fun the last two years!

TD's can decide what is best for their event based on the course and who they expect to come but the holes don't have to be longer just because the disc is a driver. and just because it's not the disc you would normally select for that distance or shot, so what? you probably won't be selecting your normal shot at all anyway because all you are trying to do it smash chains. you don't have to worry about blowing past.

everyone has to come out and blindly see how the disc flies so the advantage is to the person who takes the disc for what it is and adjusts their throw to the disc.

I think it's great that Discraft is giving you all this stuff for the price of one MVP disc :D

(awaits the flames)...

TI discs are $20. This is two of them, plus TWO pint glasses, the scorecards, stickers, TI mini, and a koozie? For $25?! Jeez! They have to be losing money.

even at the price I pay for Ti discs I can't get the rest of the stuff with it for less than $25. I'm ordering 4 packages.

um, I just don't get all the hate about throwing a driver on a short hole. it will be very similar to last year: throw flat, out to the right(rhbh), nice and easy, and watch it hook right into the basket! CHING.
it may be more difficult for beginners, but this where veterans should step in and help.

my biggest concern is the color of the discs. i'm not a fan of most Ti colors, especially the greens.

gonna be awesome fun!

^ Agree 100% :hfive:

1) Deal with the fact that they're drivers and compensate.
2) As with any situation: help the newbs who seem like they want your help.
3) I think Ti plastic looks sweet, but the range of colors really is particularly hard to spot on the course under certain conditions. There are a few colors I've seen that aren't too bad, but most of them are just plain hard to see depending on whether they end up in grass, shadows, foliage, etc.

I'd say Discraft really stepped up the package in terms of overall value.

...Having released the Zombee last year, I have a feeling this will fit into their Extra Long Distance Drivers group. Could be a winner, and you gotta love that their running them in Ti plastic. :thmbup:

Typically, you'd describe a beginner friendly disc as somewhat flippy... Personally, I'm looking forward to the release of the "Molester" as an understable complement to the overstable Predator and the stable Stalker to round out the set, but I somehow, I don't think they'll run with that one. :\

:clap: Yeah, I think that naming line has run its course.

They're lacking a super understable Max D Driver, but hopefully they let Innova keep that market. Even the flippiest Mamba is still a meathook to a new player/noodle arm and the NukeSS seems fine for anyone who actually needs that much speed.

Maybe something between an Xpress and the oop Breeze, but with a bit more glide.

I was hoping for something similar to an Eagle-X. So more stable Tracker and less stable Pred.

But I guess more people will be happy with a noodler disc since that's 70+% of the players that will be in these ace races and playing the game as a whole.

Sweet players pack though!

HA!!! LMAO!

They're lacking a super understable Max D Driver

a Nuke SS osnt flippy enough for you? I would think if you cant flip a Nuke SS easily you probably shouldnt be throwing a speed 13.

We'll have around 180-200 players this year, all having an absolute blast. 99% of us don't give 2 craps what the disc is.

I'm hoping to have Mark Ellis there doing a clinic beforehand, the biggest ring of fire you've ever seen in your life, my mom grilling hot dogs and brats (Hi Mom!), Blind Disc Golf Association (BDGA) founder Jacob Ayers attending from Chicago, our national anthem sung by one of our players, trophy discs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 30 bonus and loser's pool discs, Fade Gear Tourney bags for 1st and 2nd, and lots more.

The discs don't matter. Neither do the player packs. Hanging out and having fun with friends and new friends is what it's all about.

HA!!! LMAO!

a Nuke SS osnt flippy enough for you? I would think if you cant flip a Nuke SS easily you probably shouldnt be throwing a speed 13.

No need to go on the attack...my next sentence said exactly that:
and the NukeSS seems fine for anyone who actually needs that much speed.

Numerically, Discraft rates it a 1.0 and DiscGolfCenter.com puts it at a -4/2...so they could go even less stable (-5/1 for a Mamba), there just isn't a legitimate need.

Beginner-friendly distance driver probably means Sidewinder / Roadrunner. Remember that "distance driver" doesn't need to be speed 12 or 13, and SW / RR / Valk are considered the bottom end of "distance drivers".

I'd be surprised if the AR discs are any faster than a 9.

They've gotta knock it out of the park this year with the disc name..

Maybe:

• Flare

• Stealth

Discraft Flare
Discraft Stealth

Ti Flare
Ti Stealth

Z Flare
Z Stealth

Forum Topics:
Flare Vs Sidewinder
Sidewinder Vs Stealth