• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

^^Discraft already has the best selling midrange disc on the market, and popular molds in the Wasp, Hornet, and Drone. They don't need no Roc clone.

Just saw this post. Are you aware that the Buzzz, Wasp and Hornet were designed to replicate the 3 stages of wear of a KC Pro Roc? While not a perfect clone, those 3 are supposed to come pretty darn close.

Just saw this post. Are you aware that the Buzzz, Wasp and Hornet were designed to replicate the 3 stages of wear of a KC Pro Roc? While not a perfect clone, those 3 are supposed to come pretty darn close.

lmao....what butt did you pull this out of?

This year, my local club will be running our first Ace Race ever. While we have all played in out of town AR, this year we decided to bring it home too! Pretty excited to put one on here, I can't wait for August 31!

Then all the reason not to waste money on another mold then. Thanks for the inside info though. :thmbup:

Maybe the wasp and buzzz, but I would definitely disagree with the hornet.

Have you ever actually thrown a hornet?

I'm only passing along what I was told by a fairly reliable source. In all honesty, I rarely use any mid-range discs at all so I don't have much of an opinion either way.

Ugh. Didn't realize that my local Ace Race is Labor Day weekend and I've already got a ton of crap going on. :doh: Looks like I will have to wait until next year.

You could go a little north to New London, or come further south to Dane County (Madison area), where we have three different Ace Races in September and October.

Thanks for the info guys. Just trying to stay within an hour drive from home. I've only been throwing discs for about three weeks so its not like I had a chance to win. Mostly wanted the cool discs and to meet a few players that might live close.

Why wouldn't they just clone the Roc and run it in X plastic? Just curious.

Can't wait to play my first ace race. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive up to Hillsdale Mi, or just wait until October to play the ones around Columbus.

Thanks for the info guys. Just trying to stay within an hour drive from home. I've only been throwing discs for about three weeks so its not like I had a chance to win. Mostly wanted the cool discs and to meet a few players that might live close.

I'm going to New London to play in my first organized event also. You should try to make it up, I think it'll be a blast. I'm really excited to get those discs. I've never really thrown any Discraft other than Magnets.

I have a question on the rules. Does a metal hit have to be on the fly, or can it bounce and hit the pole and be considered a metal hit?

I'm going to New London to play in my first organized event also. You should try to make it up, I think it'll be a blast. I'm really excited to get those discs. I've never really thrown any Discraft other than Magnets.

I have a question on the rules. Does a metal hit have to be on the fly, or can it bounce and hit the pole and be considered a metal hit?

Our local ace race has treated that as a metal hit in the past. Pretty much the same mechanics as a skip ace.

Hornet? I would think Meteor would be a better disc to complete the "Wasp (OS)/Buzzz (Stable)/Hornet(US?)" Roc cycle.

Latest posts