• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

I followed Doss/Nikko/Brinster today holes 8 through 18. Doss was throwing some consistent and accurate drives. He struggled on the putting green. He missed circle putts on 9, 11, 13, and 14. I had a bad angle on 15, where he also missed a putt, but it seemed like a longer one, maybe 35-40 feet.

and he dropped a 52 on the field. That's 15 strokes better than my best score on Silver :|

I cannot stand this A/B Pool to start the tournament. With tee times today the players who shot well deserve to have a chance to play where their score puts them in the field. I feel bad for Buddy. He deserves to be playing with the top scores. He's freaking tied for 10th place.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

So will the DGP coverage wont ever be live? Will always be live? Will be footage from 2005 Worlds? Will be on MTV? Help?

From what I understand the live coverage starts tomorrow. And guess who doesn't have to work? This guy! Ready to settle in and watch some disc golf tomorrow :clap:

Wow one of the local dudes Kyle Eckmann had a good first round, love seeing people from Huntington do good, same goes for you Mr Mcbeth.

From what I understand the live coverage starts tomorrow. And guess who doesn't have to work? This guy! Ready to settle in and watch some disc golf tomorrow :clap:

Sounds like ill be doing the same thing lol

The players who win the 3-point contest or the dunk contest or the skills challenge at the NBA all star game aren't necessarily the best players either.

yea but that's not the same as someone winning all of the contests as well as owning the most famous record in the sport. One skill yea I agree with you but not all of em.

yea but that's not the same as someone winning all of the contests as well as owning the most famous record in the sport. One skill yea I agree with you but not all of em.

The skill shot challenges does not cover everything that goes into putting together a round though. Nor are they really a thorough measurement of the skills they do cover.

Thats not to take anything away from Wiggins, though. It is pretty impressive.

I'm not saying those skills do translate to the course. obviously not....The dominating all the intangibles for scoring is more of a mcBeth thing. I'm actually pointing out that same difference you are talking about.

I cannot stand this A/B Pool to start the tournament. With tee times today the players who shot well deserve to have a chance to play where their score puts them in the field. I feel bad for Buddy. He deserves to be playing with the top scores. He's freaking tied for 10th place.

It surprises me that they would assign pools and then have a tee time round to start. The whole idea of starting with tee times was to assign pools after the first rounds because of the Highbridge fiasco (a B pool player in from the start of the event made the final 9).

This happened in Charlotte last year and I voiced my concerns at the time about that.

Shuffling MPO after each of the tee time rounds would have made a lot of sense. Ball was dropped here.

That would require a shuffle each day. Not sure I agree with that. However, I agree that the current format isn't the best way of doing it.

Thank you, MTL.

BTW, way to present your opinion in a professional, non-offensive manner. :thmbup:

(As opposed to the previous post) :thmbdown:

Aces from Day One:

Bo Nash MPS Hidden Lake Hole#1
Kevin Gleason MPO Lemon Lake Gold Hole#14
Zoe Andyke FPO Lemon Lake Super White Hole#14

That would require a shuffle each day. Not sure I agree with that. However, I agree that the current format isn't the best way of doing it.

It would actually be two shuffles. Other than communicating pools to players (which should be no more difficult than communicating tee times), is shuffling that much work?

It would actually be two shuffles. Other than communicating pools to players (which should be no more difficult than communicating tee times), is shuffling that much work?

And if the courses are all there at the same place, it's not like you have players that might travel to the wrong place, not find their name on the scoreboard, and not have time to get to the right course before the start of the round.

I assume there's a central meeting place at Lemon Lake where all the scoreboards are located. If there isn't, maybe there could be occasional confusion/wrong course issues.

Well there are two shuffles now. So instead of shuffling after rounds 3 and 6, you would be shuffling after rounds 1 and 4. I'm not sure of the difference or improvement with this suggestion and I think that a shuffle after 3 and 6 is a bit more fair than your proposal.

Shuffling isn't hard, just very time consuming. I've assisted in it the times I've worked at worlds.

Last edited:
Currently there is one shuffle and one cut. My proposal would be two shuffles, you still need the cut for semis.

dgp.tv schedule:

Wed:
9 AM - MPO
2 PM - MPO

Thur:
9 AM - FPO
2 PM - MPM

Fri:
9 AM - MPO
2 PM - TBD

Sat:
8 AM - Men's and Women's Semi's
Noon - Divisional Final 9's

Are these times Eastern or Central? It's past 9 AM EDT and I'm not seeing anything on DGP.TV...