• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tourney Videos

Hmm.. it looks like no one else noticed the scoring error on hole 3? Your score (this is in the video, of course, and maybe not on the card) was listed as a 3.. but that was definitely a 4 (three throws plus one penalty for the optional re-throw).

I counted four throws (drive, approach, two putts from the same spot) plus a penalty for a five. I also saw three throws by Rico and only two by Nikko, yet both were shown as a (-1) on the hole. The hole didn't look like a par 4, so I don't think Rico took a birdie (I'm willing to concede that the video just missed a shot by Nikko and that he and Steve took the same score on the hole).

I'm assuming it was just an error on the video.

So Cal Pro Championships 2013

I counted four throws (drive, approach, two putts from the same spot) plus a penalty for a five. I also saw three throws by Rico and only two by Nikko, yet both were shown as a (-1) on the hole. The hole didn't look like a par 4, so I don't think Rico took a birdie (I'm willing to concede that the video just missed a shot by Nikko and that he and Steve took the same score on the hole).

I'm assuming it was just an error on the video.

Sorry, my mistake. I'll take the +2 penalty. I had to manually redo all the scores and missed that one score on hole 3 w/Rico. But the overall scores were correct.

Garrett, way to keep your head together after that rough start.

Nikko is a great competitor. I love how emotional a player he is. I don't think he affected the card, just really hard on himself.

Sorry, my mistake. I'll take the +2 penalty. I had to manually redo all the scores and missed that one score on hole 3 w/Rico. But the overall scores were correct.

Garrett, way to keep your head together after that rough start.

Nikko is a great competitor. I love how emotional a player he is. I don't think he affected the card, just really hard on himself.

Any chance this will make it's way to youtube?

HYZER

what does everybody think of that last Forest Hills round I put up. the guy filming just started doing vids.

I have a complaint. There wasn't enough of it. Seriously I could watch Wiggins, Schultz, and 'Swebby' all day. Great video, and a great round. I always enjoy watching golf, but I feel like I learn something in the process when I see such diversity in form and technique from the pros and you can't get much more diverse than those three, plus a lefty(wink) and a new face. Great job. Props to your friend.

I'll try to post on You tube next week. All the advertising on Youtube doesn't bother anyone?
ads exist on the internet? LOL.

youtube (like it or not) is the most popular platform for streaming media delivery. just having your video there with the proper tags will generate views and exposure from 'recommended video' drive-by's.

I have a complaint. There wasn't enough of it. Seriously I could watch Wiggins, Schultz, and 'Swebby' all day. Great video, and a great round. I always enjoy watching golf, but I feel like I learn something in the process when I see such diversity in form and technique from the pros and you can't get much more diverse than those three, plus a lefty(wink) and a new face. Great job. Props to your friend.

The lefty is dgcr's sprintermatt

Wiggins threw a Roc on 12 in that Forest Hills video.

He got a 445 foot flat duece with a roc. So sick.

Wiggins threw a Roc on 12 in that Forest Hills video.

He got a 445 foot flat duece with a roc. So sick.

Yeah as soon as I saw that shot I had to rewind the video and watch it again, ridiculous.

Forest Hills final round... nice video! I think the greyness of the day didn't really allow the camera to capture the action as well as the sunny round on Saturday. Good footage and I never really noticed you when we were playing.

That lefty (me) is putting and approaching with the NOVA... if you are looking for footage of how it handles life on the course...

I will point him in the direction of this thread. He is on here but not in this thread yet.

Thanks Matt.

That's the first time I filmed since 2011. Going to do more of it.

My next video will be of the Downtown Urban Open in Cary, NC this Sunday. This should be interesting since I doubt most DG videos show folks throwing into, inside and off a parking deck.

Chills in the Hills 2013. Advanced Card at Highland Hills DGC in Wilkesboro, NC.

"1st Round: Singles
Format: Cpt's Choice (Best Ball)"

Never heard of this format before. Singles throw twice and play their best lie, yes?

Latest posts