• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

what link are you all using? that one that e rock posted?

edit i had the wrong link. im viewing it fine, party on

Know what I think would be cool? A disc golf festival or convention. The pros have worlds, the really good ams have Am Worlds. What about us mortals? Not a Am2 or Am3 world championship obviously - because that'd be dumb but just a giant convention of disc golfers from everywhere. Tourneys to play in, CTP's to be won, aces to be had, etc. Has there ever been anything like that anywhere?

Can't even imagine how much volunteer work that would be...yikes.

See, we rocket folk have several conventions like this every year and it's usually a big draw. Of course, rocketry doesn't easily lend itself to competitions so it isn't a great comparison. We have LDRS (Large and Dangerous Rocket Ships) and NSL (National Sport Launch) every year and are usually 4 to 6 days long just to name a few. It would just be cool to have an event where disc golfers can come and hang out in a relaxed atmosphere and share experiences, trade/sell plastic, play a TON of dg tourneys throughout the event, etc.

Know what I think would be cool? A disc golf festival or convention. The pros have worlds, the really good ams have Am Worlds. What about us mortals? Not a Am2 or Am3 world championship obviously - because that'd be dumb but just a giant convention of disc golfers from everywhere. Tourneys to play in, CTP's to be won, aces to be had, etc. Has there ever been anything like that anywhere?

See, we rocket folk have several conventions like this every year and it's usually a big draw. Of course, rocketry doesn't easily lend itself to competitions so it isn't a great comparison. We have LDRS (Large and Dangerous Rocket Ships) and NSL (National Sport Launch) every year and are usually 4 to 6 days long just to name a few. It would just be cool to have an event where disc golfers can come and hang out in a relaxed atmosphere and share experiences, trade/sell plastic, play a TON of dg tourneys throughout the event, etc.

For about 90% of the attendees, that's what Worlds is...a disc golf convention. A lot of playing, but a lot of socializing, trading, talking, etc. Other than the top 10% of about every division, it would take a herculean effort to actually win. That's not to say they aren't there to try to play their best and win, but their odds are long. They're there as much for experience as anything else. And many of them go year after year despite this fact.

But a day may be coming where the convention is separated from at least MA1, MPO and FPO so the "World Championship" of those divisions is entirely focused on the players and the competition. Remains to be seen if the "convention" that's left over is as popular and well attended as Worlds has become as is.

Can anyone tell me why we can't have baskets with more than 1 set of chains for the final 9 of the World Championships? I counted at least 2 stupid spit-outs.

Can anyone tell me why we can't have baskets with more than 1 set of chains for the final 9 of the World Championships? I counted at least 2 stupid spit-outs.

Those look like Chainstars to me. Most assuredly they are not single chain.

last course was kind of boring but i understand the reasoning. sucks jordan fell apart and couldn't take the win with the local crowd on hand.

great tournament and great coverage by the DG guy and crew. really showcased the MN courses.

last course was kind of boring but i understand the reasoning. sucks jordan fell apart and couldn't take the win with the local crowd on hand.

great tournament and great coverage by the DG guy and crew. really showcased the MN courses.

I thought the course was actually pretty good. There was more than one line available. Right from the beginning LaPutka made good safe route decisions and then executed.

Some long roller attempts might have paid off on that layout.

I can't imagine the nerves for those guys. Gotta say that LaPutka performed well with eyes on him this week. When the cameras were at The Valley and then yesterday. Cool customer.

I actually did not get to see footage from Kaposia yesterday. I am looking forward to watching the battle from in the trenches that ends -46 all. To me that remains the story.

AmateurChampionshipsAtBowlingGreen

I actually did not get to see footage from Kaposia yesterday. I am looking forward to watching the battle from in the trenches that ends -46 all. To me that remains the story.
Kaposia semi-final round was really good. Pressure definitely started to mess with all the players as the round started fleshing itself out.

Regarding the 120' hole at Kenwood: A guy on my card missed the island, then ran at the basket twice, air balling both and did not land on the island. His third shot from the DZ made it on, he missed that putt and tapped in for an 8. Then he took a 3 on the next hole with the track to the left. Makes sense.

Thought it was pretty lame of the pdga and TD to let two of the final 9 players wear their hats backwards. It's a major event at least make it look classy.

Latest posts