• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 BHMO

Don't forget this tournament also raises between $4-6,000 a year for charity as well. To date the tourney has raised over $55,000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, all while having competitive payouts. There's a small group of guys who bust their butt to get everything ready and they do an amazing job every year. Getting two courses set up, one of which is only set up for the BHMO, is a lot of work. It will be a great weekend and I am sure Brent Hambrick is proud of their accomplishments.

Well said, Brad. Good luck this weekend!

*I only mentioned the FPO payouts because people were wondering where the women where earlier in this thread. Meant no disrespect to anyone involved in the event.

I will second that...the temp course on the property, IMO, is actually better than the permanent course. Call me crazy but the temp course is at least a 4.0 and maybe a 4.5 if it was permanent.

Well said, Brad. Good luck this weekend!

*I only mentioned the FPO payouts because people were wondering where the women where earlier in this thread. Meant no disrespect to anyone involved in the event.

Understood, Dana...just wanted everyone to be aware that the tourney and raising money are both a priority. Wish you could be here too...

I would have to guess it's in the works. The Flyers have been putting lots of time and effort into getting the course ready for this event. They've poured several new pin positions and replaced other alternate pins where the collars had been damaged. There is a brand new long tee on 8, and a new bridge crossing to the 10th tee. There's lots of fresh mulch down in the muddy areas and fresh paint everywhere. Now if people would just quit littering the course it might be ready for the BMHO.

But yes, new signage, getting rid of the "smoke bench" on 11 and replacing it with something smaller, and a couple of other new tee pads (like replacing the short pad on 14 that slants upwards) would be really nice. But lets recognize that it's a small group of guys who do all this, and appreciate what they've done before we gripe about what they haven't.
Right. That's pretty nice though, new pin positions and a new pro tee on 8? I agree, people everywhere need to stop littering! Litter drives me nuts. It would be refreshing if people stopped vandalizing everything (especially the "smoke bench") and then pros wouldn't have to look at dick drawings everywhere.

So what's this West course I am hearing about? Am I to understand it's on the other side of the dam?

edit: By the way, the BHMDGC is in desperate need of some new equipment. Besides the old, clangy baskets the picnic table on hole 11 seems to be completely destroyed so I'm wondering if they might do something about that.

Your wish has been granted. A brand new picnic table is waiting for you at hole #11.

Your wish has been granted. A brand new picnic table is waiting for you at hole #11.

Amazing! Well done to all the guys who are probably spending a week of their vacation setting up this course. I really appreciate all you guys do for disc golf in Columbus. Let's not forget the maintenance work done on several other local courses by the same group of dedicated volunteers.

However, and at risk of sounding ungrateful... Maybe putting the picnic table at the turn between 14 and A would be a better idea. Having it out in the open might discourage some of the activities that tend to take place on hole 11, although I guess if it was placed there non-discers would be more likely to use it and be walking across the line of fire to get to it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.

Amazing! Well done to all the guys who are probably spending a week of their vacation setting up this course. I really appreciate all you guys do for disc golf in Columbus. Let's not forget the maintenance work done on several other local courses by the same group of dedicated volunteers.

However, and at risk of sounding ungrateful... Maybe putting the picnic table at the turn between 14 and A would be a better idea. Having it out in the open might discourage some of the activities that tend to take place on hole 11, although I guess if it was placed there non-discers would be more likely to use it and be walking across the line of fire to get to it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.
Yea I think it would be better to have just a bench on hole 11 because to me it doesn't make much sense to sit and have a picnic right after you start the back 9. Before or after seems like it might make more sense. I just hope people don't vandalize the new table.

Excited for this weekend! Hopefully I can learn a few things from watching the pros.

Right. That's pretty nice though, new pin positions and a new pro tee on 8? I agree, people everywhere need to stop littering! Litter drives me nuts. It would be refreshing if people stopped vandalizing everything (especially the "smoke bench") and then pros wouldn't have to look at dick drawings everywhere.

So what's this West course I am hearing about? Am I to understand it's on the other side of the dam?

Don't wanna toot my own horn (much :p), but here's my review, and you can pull the map from the links tab there.

Westside course is only available to the public 3 days out of the year. Two days before the BHMO and one day before the Westside Open. The baskets will only be in the ground a few hours each day so that the Pros and Ams can practice.

You do know you'd have to wait till the final 9 to see the pros play right? Unless the am side gets done before them and you run really fast across the dam.

Me and 3 other guys are riding up for the weekend just to watch the pros play :)

When is the sport going to be big enough for pay to spectate? That would help generate some cash for the pro purse.

Me and 3 other guys are riding up for the weekend just to watch the pros play :)

When is the sport going to be big enough for pay to spectate? That would help generate some cash for the pro purse.

The USDGC sells tickets and passes to spectators. $10 for one day and $25 for an event pass.

No live scoring? Anybody have updates?

From the PDGA website:

"We'll have live scoring, pictures, and videos as usual all weekend long on PDGALive.com and we'll be uploading high-resolution pictures from each day to the PDGA Flickr page. The 2014 #BHMO tees off tomorrow morning with a shotgun start at 9:30am EDT for the pros and 10:00am EDT for the Ams, as a concurrent A-tier for amateur competitors is taking place as well. Follow along all weekend as we honor the memory of the late and truly great, Brent Hambrick."

Paul McBeth has a pretty significant lead of 5 over Jeremy Koling, who leads by 4 over 3rd place.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16389
www.pdgalive.com

It's always a blast to follow the Live Scoring for an NT. Remember guys this is an NT! Does anyone have an idea of who might be filming this? I am pretty interested to see some footage of the weekend to be able to witness what happens with all the fun elevation holes, with the Dam hole holding a special place in my heart.

Latest posts