• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Wow.... I seldom sign in to post, only on a few choice topics, but I had to give it to you: these JT / Simon commentary videos are probably the best professional DG videos I have seen (apart from some gorgeous artsy bits, but I am talking about hard tournament coverage now). A similar effort from a Finnish group is a tough competitor (superb video + commentary that has a lot of inside info). What really makes this stand out is that you both were out there and you are not only narrating video.

Also, your voice suits this very well. Sounds to me like what sports coverage should sound like. In the future, if people come up to me looking to see a professional sport side of DG, I will cue up this video. BIG KUDOS!

Thanks for the kind words!

I'd love to check out the Finnish video you referenced. It's not Juha (lcgm8) or my boss Esa (who did the European Open broadcast)?

Since when can you watch live videos on Youtube? I'm trying to watch it now but it won't load. How "live" is it?

It's up now. This is great! Kudos to all those producing this. :thmbup:

Thanks for the kind words!

I'd love to check out the Finnish video you referenced. It's not Juha (lcgm8) or my boss Esa (who did the European Open broadcast)?

Here is one, played on the track that was modified for the EO Preliminary. (part 1/3 but there are the rest as well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AabMiuhY4iw

Here is another by the same group. A different course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2-0lvHlN0

The commentary is in Finnish though. I wonder if someone would do a translation as subtitles...

I thought the live coverage of the sylmar open was freaking awesome. Terry is straight up killing it this year.

I thought the live coverage of the sylmar open was freaking awesome. Terry is straight up killing it this year.

Is there an edited Sylmar yet? As much as I love DG vids I guess I'm spoiled and can't sit through a couple hours of live play. I like the shots without the dead time.

Is there an edited Sylmar yet? As much as I love DG vids I guess I'm spoiled and can't sit through a couple hours of live play. I like the shots without the dead time.

I agree, but then again they only had one camera and one group to follow. If it was a high dollar multi-camera setup showing multiple shots and cutting back and forth it would be faster paced with more action.

I'd prefer to see the first few rounds edited and then right after go to the last 10-12 holes live. That could be a 2 1/2 or 3 hour deal to watch the whole tourney at once and still get a live finish. This is assuming it was done on TV. For Youtube I think the first rounds edited is probably a better experience for us with the limited camera and people operations. Then last round or 10-12 holes could be live still.

Note to self, get to Charlotte to play disc golf. Great looking course, must get even more challenging with foliage.

So that's Nevin, huh? Looks like a beautiful course, with lots of variety.

Yea the longs can change the game a bit.

Longs take Nevin up a big notch. 1, 3 and 16 go from birdie fest to tough.

MJ did the dirty to Bradford, not Nevin.

Its nice to see Barry carve up the woods like that. Is that the same course MJ slayed up at worlds a couple of years ago?

Barry actually wasn't throwing that well. There are definitely some lines he missed that surprised me.

MJ shot hot at Bradford. Nevin was McBeth's winning course. He shot most consistent/confident there.

Latest posts