• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Jaime,
You're commentary is pretty solid. Maybe you can dethrone the guys that work for DGP.

This has its own thread as well, but figured I'd drop this here for y'all ;)

Straight up pro quality stuff right there. Really enjoying all of the content on The Spin this year, it's been top notch, very impressive.

Thanks everyone! Simon and I had a great time doing commentary...it was definitely an experimental venture for SpinTV and I'm glad that y'all enjoyed. Much respect to professional broadcasters because it's tough to keep talking and bring interesting topics up. Having someone as knowledgeable as Simon partnered with me there was a gem, he studies the game daily and knows his stuff.

Without further ado, here's the 2nd part...and I'll definitely make note of the feedback and see if we can program more commentary into future tournament coverage!

I honestly think if we want to get discgolf more widespread and into TV, the idea of having a pro that played the round commentating is the way to go (at least as long as we don't go live yet). Listening to Eric McCabe and Simone Lizotte commentating their own rounds is just great. They can bring in feelings, like Simons "wind dummy", they just know what they are talking about.
I did watch the round without commentary first - and rewatched it just because of the commentary.

Definitely have become a fan of the Pro/Filmer commentaries. Emac/SlickBreeze and Simon/JT make good teams. :thmbup:

Excellent job JT and Simon! Looks like you have just created more work for yourself JT, filming and Commentating.

Glad to see what is possible in tourney vids with a skilled videographer/editor and a company with a budget to help the process/production along.

Glad to see The Spin TV ramp up the content for the start of the season. Spin is one of my go to morning stops.

You got an in the bag in the works for Simon?

We posted an ITB for simon but a while back. I re-watched it and he carries the same molds and ratio, but he only has 4 of the actual discs that are in the video...he likes to throw big shots and lose discs, lol.

Speaking of Simon, here's a profile that someone posted recently that I thought was pretty good...

Wow.... I seldom sign in to post, only on a few choice topics, but I had to give it to you: these JT / Simon commentary videos are probably the best professional DG videos I have seen (apart from some gorgeous artsy bits, but I am talking about hard tournament coverage now). A similar effort from a Finnish group is a tough competitor (superb video + commentary that has a lot of inside info). What really makes this stand out is that you both were out there and you are not only narrating video.

Also, your voice suits this very well. Sounds to me like what sports coverage should sound like. In the future, if people come up to me looking to see a professional sport side of DG, I will cue up this video. BIG KUDOS!

ps. as if that was not praise enough, just wanted to comment on excellent hole and disc/wind information, telling us what makes the hole tricky in what way especially with whatever wind you have on that day, and what the players are trying to accomplish in battling those challenges. exactly what I think many are looking for in videos such as these.

Latest posts