• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Anyone else having problems with the video? Not working on my android tablet..

McBeth is going to go wire to wire.

Which is going to be an achievement since this is the first time he's ever had a lead at the USDGC for even one round (so says my quick look at past results, could be wrong). Either way, he's in a much better position than all his other appearances. He has worked hard and is determined to take this one home.

You know I've always held that ratings are missing a slope calculation, to adjust for courses that play easier for pros than for bogey golfers. Perhaps this is one case. I know it usually doesn't matter, and probably can't be detected in the data on a wide scale.

Anway, whatevs, I agree with the poster that said if their scores aren't used to generate the ratings, then they shouldn't get the ratings. I mean that's just dumb, right? If the game they're playing is SOOOO different, then they shouldn't be given ratings on the other game that they're not playing.

Yep, it's a completely inconsistent stance not supported by the numbers. If the numbers are so different, then they should get separate ratings or no ratings at all. The real reason as Chuck alluded to, is that the PDGA/USDGC wants competitors to get ratings for the event and this is an easy solution, even though it makes the ratings for the event inaccurate.

Which is going to be an achievement since this is the first time he's ever had a lead at the USDGC for even one round (so says my quick look at past results, could be wrong). Either way, he's in a much better position than all his other appearances. He has worked hard and is determined to take this one home.

I heard that earlier as well, which is kind of amazing in it's own right- as good as he is... but Yeah, he looks loose but focused, and minus that one hole that got the best of him(his first worst than par of the tourney, unfortunately he took like a 7 or something(?))- other than that, he looks like he's enjoying himself. McBeth, when he's on, is in a league by himself and he's been on a lot this year... and last year, and the year before that... dude's incredible, and I'd be shocked if he didn't hold on for the win.

I'd love to see johnE win usdgc. After all the work and sacrifice he has put into going on tour full time, he deserves it. Although in the back of my mind it's mcbeths to lose. And I don't foresee him slipping enough to lose the lead. He's just too solid right now .

I pretty much agree with this. My prediction of JohnE winning doesn't look so odd now does it?

Round 1 coverage

I was able to film the 10:40 am group Wednesday:
groupon17wed_zps287af131.jpg

Andrew Fish, Cam Todd, Swede Tomas Rosenqvist and Nate Sexton (orange shirt) with his dad caddying who shot a very nice '59' to earn a spot on Thursdays lead card! Video to be posted ASAP!

P.S. I am looking at the weather for Friday... :gross:

Latest posts