• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

is it odd that doss said a buzz was too long for hole 1 and hed use a putter, only for him to use a ti buzz every round?

Soooo, without reading back, Paul could have moved the chair?

Absolutely he could have had it moved, but he was too impatient to wait for a ruling or look in the rule book to determine the ruling himself.

For his sake, I hope he wins or he'll be kicking himself over that decision for a while.

Absolutely he could have had it moved, but he was too impatient to wait for a ruling or look in the rule book to determine the ruling himself.

For his sake, I hope he wins or he'll be kicking himself over that decision for a while.

As much as I agree that he should have waited for an official to recommend a call to the group, I'm sure he could pick out a dozen things that cost him strokes yesterday. He went from -14 to -7 to +2 for his round scores so it will be interesting to see how things play out today. Will may not have put up big under par rounds, but they were all under par and if he puts together another solid one you could see him taking the lead.

Yes performance is a joke. However, if women qualify for the Open flight on monday they can play. Is it fair? No, because AQ spots are given out to MPO division at NT's and majors throughout the year, I get it (and you have a fair argument).

I will say at this point in time that I feel like having a Women's separate tournament entirely is a better solution than shoehorning a small division with much larger ones at Rock Hill. The reason is the same as not having age protected divisions at USDGC - so that a whole tournament can vie for the same prize.

Um...you do realize they hold a USWDGC tournament right?! That is the equivalent for the women's division.

As for women playing in the USDGC, Des and Juliana both qualified for it back in the day but I think that was a World Title exemption.

The performance flight is a joke. And the fact that the PDGA touts Holly's finish last year or the year before as the "highest finish for a woman at the USDGC" is also a joke (No disrespect meant to Holly on this). You can't lump in Performance Flight when comparing statistics unless you count it as an asterisk.

Performance isn't a joke. It's just a different format. Is doubles a joke? Team play? Match play?

It's a handicap tournament. You have to play your best game, relative to your own demonstrated skill level, to win it. And in this case, you're playing your best game on a very demanding course.

I've been watching College Gameday this morning, but does anyone know if Clemson and Winthrop have played their doubles match yet, or is that after the two colleges playing right now?

I've been watching College Gameday this morning, but does anyone know if Clemson and Winthrop have played their doubles match yet, or is that after the two colleges playing right now?

Clemson and Winthrop just finished, according to the USDGC facebook page.

Colorado State and Georgia Regents are the teams showing on DGP right now.

Thanks; looks like it didn't turn out too great for the Tigers, oh well...I do actually hope by the time I'm a senior my game is good enough to get onto the Dean's Cup team, but we shall see.

So the weather for today shows clear with around a 10 mph wind for the entire lead card round, which is pretty similar to the conditions of round 1 and 2. Just for the sake of projections, assume the lead card shoots the exact same round they shot during round 2 (McBeth -7, Will -8, JohnE -9). That would result in a three way tie for first place and send them into a playoff. Wouldn't that be one hell of a finish.

anyone have video of that amazing roller?

i think brown threw it?

Dg planet was the only group filming the lead card. Browns roller on hole 4 is one of the best shots I've ever seen

Dg planet was the only group filming the lead card. Browns roller on hole 4 is one of the best shots I've ever seen

Sadly isn't not online right now. Segment one on their video archive ends halfway through hole 3, and segment two picks up around 6. THey were having technical difficulties during 3-6, but I saw it yesterday so it must be somewhere.

It was basically a short drive and then he threw a cut forehand roller that rolled around the mando tree, up toward the piney horseshoe, flipped over and rolled until it was about 5'-10' from the basket, then fell down.

So the weather for today shows clear with around a 10 mph wind for the entire lead card round, which is pretty similar to the conditions of round 1 and 2. Just for the sake of projections, assume the lead card shoots the exact same round they shot during round 2 (McBeth -7, Will -8, JohnE -9). That would result in a three way tie for first place and send them into a playoff. Wouldn't that be one hell of a finish.

As much as I'd love for that to actually happen, Murphy's Law . . .

i know the women get a seperate tourney the week or two before. I just feel if you put on the biggest event in the us you should have a Female open field?

Do any other majors or events not have womens open?

I'm not too concerned i know the Womens US is over but weird to see the women there caddying and not really competing in the biggest tourney in the US.

i know the women get a seperate tourney the week or two before. I just feel if you put on the biggest event in the us you should have a Female open field?

I'm not too concerned i know the Womens US is over but weird to see the women there caddying and not really competing in the biggest tourney in the US.

Do other majors or events not have mens open? (answer, yes)

They (Jonathan Poole, Harold Duvall, and the rest of Innova) can run the tournament any way they see fit. They put in the work to create, organize and run the event, so they've earned the right to do with it whatever they want.

The USDGC was always the "one division, one champion" tournament, which is what gave it a lot of its prestige, like the US Open in golf. If you were an am, you could show up for the qualifier and if you played well enough you gain entry into the field. If a woman qualified, she could play in the USDGC. I like the fact that they have two separate tournaments for reasons that have been mentioned before. Women are still eligible to compete by meeting the same qualifying criteria as everyone else. The USWDGC allows the women to have a larger field for the championship, which will only grow in the years to come and help cement itself as the premier womens event in the world. If you include an FPO division to the USDGC it would diminish the importance of the USWDGC, which wouldn't be good.

Latest posts