• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

What were the conditions like? Vista is not a hard course, how are people throwing 41 and 42 at fountain and hot round is 48 at Vista?

I thought Vista has always been harder then fountain? I've never played either so I don't really know other then anecdotally from the memorial.

Nikko and his bag of Wizards, Legacy and MVP have quietly moved up on to the chase card with a 49 today. I want to see how he plays tomorrow and where he'll be going into the final round on Saturday. A top 3 finish would be his best showing in an NT or Major since the Japan Open (which isn't really comparable given the weight class difference and the ambiguity surrounding what Ricky and Nikko were throwing).

The more I watch McBeth play the more I'm starting to believe the Thunderbird haters. Some of those shots where he tries to get them to hold a hyzer are a little hard to watch. I still like the disc myself but I'm starting to wonder if it really is costing him strokes.

The more I watch McBeth play the more I'm starting to believe the Thunderbird haters. Some of those shots where he tries to get them to hold a hyzer are a little hard to watch. I still like the disc myself but I'm starting to wonder if it really is costing him strokes.

He's keeping the scores close so it's more impressive when he wins. It's more exciting that way. :p

Big shout out to my buddy and former travel partner Jake Hebenheimer from Jefferson City, MO all alone in 1st place in Advanced!!!! He's a 15 year-old phenom, Team64 Cadet, and 2014 Under 16 Doubles World Champ. Fountain sets up well for his game so I think he can close it out in the final round tomorrow.

How many thunderbird shots do you think you saw paul throw today? Because he threw exactly one. And he simply shanked the shot, had nothing to do with the disc.

Pars:
Vista = 60
Fiesta = 55
Fountain = 56

I just assumed the par 4 holes at Vista were automatic threes for pros. My best round at memorial layout fountain is a 51 where I usually shoot in the high 40s at memorial Vista. I guess it just shows that pro skills shine more at fountain.

I just assumed the par 4 holes at Vista were automatic threes for pros. My best round at memorial layout fountain is a 51 where I usually shoot in the high 40s at memorial Vista. I guess it just shows that pro skills shine more at fountain.

A 50 at Vista is 1059 rated. Hell, if you shot a 52 (Fountain) and a 50 (Vista) you would be right around top 20 for a NT.

Last edited:

With or without OB flags? I could probably fare OK at Winthrop without all the rope...

A 50 at Vista is 1059 rated. Hell, if you shot a 52 (Fountain) and a 50 (Vista) you would be right around top 20 for a NT.

Problem is that I usually shoot 54 at fountain, and with a gallery I would certainly add strokes at both courses lol. Rounds without tournament pressure lead to pipe dreams about winning on the NT

I'd like to see this.