• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

I've played there. I can understand using something to improve the surface, but I don't think making the tee pads double wide should be the solution. Players should have appropriate footwear for the tees.

Why are they so slick?

Probably a combination of smooth concrete (either poorly constructed or sand-blasted by environment) and dust/sand. It is a desert climate, that stuff blows around all the time. And the rubber mat tees are notorious for getting slicker with a coating of dust than with a soaking rain.

Why are they so slick?

The ones at Vista are old, and have been painted for whatever reason. Their age has worn them smooth, and the paint compounded the problem. All it takes is a little dust or moisture to make them comparable to ice.

The pads at the fountain are ok when the are totally dry, but that is rare due to the fountain spraying water everywhere, and moisture from the grass getting on your shoes.

I've played there. I can understand using something to improve the surface, but I don't think making the tee pads double wide should be the solution. Players should have appropriate footwear for the tees.

I have yet to find footwear that works on all the tees at Vista, and I've tried a lot of shoes. A whole lot of shoes.

If the scores keep tight like they are today, this is going to be a very exciting final round.

Nate Doss 9 strokes back after averaging above 1035 golf two rounds is pretty crazy. Lots of people can shoot hot and find themself on the lead card tomorrow.
I am afraid Paul usually shoots well at birdie or die courses (Fiesta seems to apply) and may pull away some.

If the scores keep tight like they are today, this is going to be a very exciting final round.

Nate Doss 9 strokes back after averaging above 1035 golf two rounds is pretty crazy. Lots of people can shoot hot and find themself on the lead card tomorrow.
I am afraid Paul usually shoots well at birdie or die courses (Fiesta seems to apply) and may pull away some.

In MPO and FPO, at that. Good way to kick off the season. The course itself might not be a huge challenge to this super high-level players, but it certainly makes for some great competition.

Wathcing the rd 2 footage and man, Will looks so awkward with his putt. Is he taking lessons from Sir Charles?

Noticed this with other recent footage from Will. Is it just me or his putt holding him back, relative to players like Ricky and McBeth that is. I know he won USDGC but also missed some putts there to put it away.

Seems like he's hitting weak side chains a lot. Don't know if it's just his aim or something else. Even the putts he's making seem to hit that side.

Still putts way better than I ever will, so who am I to talk?

Alright - when does Rnd 3 Live coverage start? It's awesome Smashboxx is doing free live coverage, but their website says nothing about this schedule, and you can't find any schedule on their youtube page. Again, it's awesome they are covering it, but come on guys tell us when we can watch!!

Alright - when does Rnd 3 Live coverage start? It's awesome Smashboxx is doing free live coverage, but their website says nothing about this schedule, and you can't find any schedule on their youtube page. Again, it's awesome they are covering it, but come on guys tell us when we can watch!!

I'd imagine when the lead card's round starts. Scheduled for 2:00, pending delays.

4pm est

They're following the lead card and the PDGA has tee times up for everyone. Keep in mind that the tee times are for MST...adjust for your own time zone as needed.

He was an elite putter with Innova, not sure if it's the shallow prodigy putters or a change in technique. Definitely costs him strokes.

I like the preview pictures that Smashboxx selected... Koling crushing a drive, Ricky looking over his back shoulder at McBeth, and Feldberg with a crazy look on his face.

That looks more like Ricky's step-through on his FH but I see what you're saying. I miss the 'Beard...that had some crazy to it.

Latest posts