• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 PDGA Amateur World Championships

Haven't found it yet, or should say Smashboxx doesn't appear to have it.

Nope, between MHO and the Birdie Bash, we just couldn't swing another event. Partly due to me having a full time job and getting time off to do the broadcasting. Partly due to there being no budget for this.

Last year we covered Am Worlds, more or less, out of our own pocket. We wanted to build an audience and prove ourselves. We just can't swing that type of investment this year. But, Terry is going over there towards the finals to do some post round coverage. So, you can expect to see that. I might even join him and make a small vacation out of it.

General question. Would anyone be willing to actually PAY to see the final round coverage of Am Worlds? Like $1.00 a round or something? I don't even know if it is possible for us to charge, but just getting a general inquiry.

Young Buck Anthony Barela just bested the field by 3 throws to move into 3rd place. Should be an interesting battle between him and the consummate Charlotte Am bagger Mr. Mark Huether.

Young Buck Anthony Barela just bested the field by 3 throws to move into 3rd place. Should be an interesting battle between him and the consummate Charlotte Am bagger Mr. Mark Huether.

I'm proud of Huey, and he's a helluva course mule. When I grow up I want to be like him.

someone, not sure who, shot 51 at Meyer Broadway South/Original this morning. First sub 54 round at the course in two Worlds (no one did in 2008).

update...looks like it was Seth Badger. Also, there were 4 other sub 54s.

Last edited:
This Seth Badger kid is currently carving up Meyer Broadway North! He is bogey free with an eagle deuce on the par 4 10th. looking at a round in 40's for sure

This Seth Badger kid is currently carving up Meyer Broadway North! He is bogey free with an eagle deuce on the par 4 10th. looking at a round in 40's for sure

According to his father, AB is only one throw off of Seth after carding an eagle on both 16 and 18.

Jake Hebenheimer of Jefferson City, Mo and Team 64 repeated as Doubles World Champion on Saturday then took down Distance, Putting, and Skillshot competitions!!! Then shot opening round 1050 rated 54 at Spinksi's.

Tough 2nd round prolly cost him the total sweep, but Kid Fedora already has a successful tourney under his belt.

Personally watched AB deuce 16 (430'), 17, and 18 (436' up big tubing hill, he was parked) in succession to shoot 48. Someone else, don't recall the name, shot 45 on the North...11 deuces, two fours, five threes. Unreal.

I think I heard one of the local guys, that is going, say that one of the course is at a ski resort.

Yea, Ive heard a lot of complaints about the distance competition so far. A lot of people not happy with the competition not really being all about skill but more about luck.

One of my buddies who stood a good shot at taking it down said he walked up to the competition, saw it was off of the ski hill, threw 5 hyzers and just walked away. He said it was the most pointless thing ever.

Part of the confusion with those new to the Worlds competition is it's usually stated as a Long Drive, not a formal Distance competition on open, level ground. And for this Worlds, Long (downhill) Drives are desirable as a skill on the Timber Ridge course.

Just wondering. If someone can throw far, wouldn't they be able to throw far down a ski hill?????????

Just wondering. If someone can throw far, wouldn't they be able to throw far down a ski hill?????????

Of course.

PDGA Worlds is a disc golf competition so the skills contests are about golf skills. You have to be both accurate and long in the driving contest. It's always been that way.

I did the driving contest at Am Worlds in 2002...you had to land between the boundary lines of the field and there was a tree in that field (perfectly placed to hinder LHBH flex shots but not RHBH, of course ;)). What I'm pretty sure would have been my longest throw ended up clipping a branch on that tree and getting knocked down. Oh well.

understood...just not sure why it being on a ski hill would make him not interested in participating.

understood...just not sure why it being on a ski hill would make him not interested in participating.

Likely because he practiced on a flat field and the skill he honed as well as the discs he planned to use to compete in that specific event were no longer really applicable.

Likely because he practiced on a flat field and the skill he honed as well as the discs he planned to use to compete in that specific event were no longer really applicable.

Yea, he wasnt happy about it. Its not really a true distance contest since any skill level can just hit the line and wind correctly and put up a huge number. Having the skills helps too but its not a necessity.

Latest posts