• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

But back on topic I would rather see the shirts dumped and the price point of $25 maintained.

The only thing I need less than more discs is more disc related swag.

I for one will take whatever they give. It's a fun event and if it is something I don't want I'll pass it along to someone who does. That said I was hoping for the bag as that is something easy to pass along to newbies or travel rounds.

Discraft bundles all their stuff into one big prize pack. If you give anything to anyone else you have to fork over it yourself. Vibram spreads out everything all over the place, with the winner not getting more than a couple discs. There's got to be something in the middle.

Yeah this caused a bit of an issue where I lived, someone did an AR a couple of counties away and split the prizes up, the 1st place winner contacted Discraft and it caused a bunch of drama. If nothing else, they should have something for a female winner, not trying to be sexist but has any woman ever took the prize pack at an AR?

Last edited:
Yeah this caused a bit of an issue where I lived, someone did an AR a couple of counties away and split the prizes up, the 1st place winner contacted Discraft and it caused a bunch of drama. If nothing else, they should have something for a female winner, not trying to be sexist but has any woman ever took the prize pack at an AR?

Yes.....ultimately, making an ace stick is quite a bit of luck. It takes some skill to get it there, but tons of women have plenty enough skill to put a disc on basket at Ace Race courses.

Shirts are bad for me, the sizing is never right (hefty hucker) and last year's is a static machine. I would love another hat (cap), I've destroyed the one we got at the 2014 event from sweat. Stickers are fun, the fork truck at work is loving them, and towels are always nice. The bottle opener confused me - aren't most bottles twist-offs, and don't most golfers carry cans on the course? And the mini is meh, I'd like them to make something closer to Innova's or the Trilogy markers, a little higher quality (the TD at one of ours had a mini CTP, which was fun but the discs were so warped it was tough).
I still throw the Heat periodically, I didn't mind the Roach (but Aviars own that spot), so I'd like to see an interesting mid.
Both AR's I've been to had additional prizes that were obviously "re-gifts" from other DG events, which is great. I agree Discraft could spread some of the prizes around a bit, I think it's likely an experienced player will win and it's unlikely they need 8 new random discs (although they might like a new bag). Of course I've seen the winners start trading immediately after the prizes were awarded, so...

Best thing to come out of the AR in recent years....the REUSABLE SCORE CARDS!!! I still have mine from ...2013? 14? they still get used every round, no wear. they were amazing. I do want a mid...like a hark/wasp/ish disc - anyone know what it is yet?

I'd rather have 2 premium plastic discs than swag. While I don't need more discs, I REALLY don't need more stuff.

I hope its a Zone-like disc that is less OS....jump on the new trend of FAST throwing putters....for really...make it a Faster version of a Banger GT in Premium!!!!! that would RULE!

I for one would like to have prototypes of discs that are trackable. Force every player to download an app where they can track their discs in flight. Maybe for the 2020 Ace Race.

Ok, it's July, let us see the dang disc.

Yes, I was hoping to see info about the disc, too.
Just went through this whole thread to see if there was any info relating to the disc.
<YAWN> So tired of people bellyaching over swag.

My first AR was the Zeppelin. The bag was/still is great. I like to use it when I don't feel like hauling a full bag, just sling it over my shoulder & never take it off during the round.

Liked the hat.

The logo of the skull seemed to be trying too hard to reach a certain demographic. Not a fan.

Looks like a more "family friendly" logo of a dog this year.

Anyway, let's hear about the disc already.

Yeah, last year's graphics were too much. Hope they go back to the spade graphics. A cool font and simple graphics go a long way in my opinion.