• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

I thought it was interesting during the live podcast that Catrina Allen feels 'disrespected' because she's only won one (1) World Championship while others have won multiple titles. She said it burns a fire in her to win more than one World title in order to be respected.

They did put out that special edition disc with multiple World title winners (McBeth, Nate Doss, Schultz, Climo; Korver, Pierce, Val Doss, etc.), and Catrina's name is not on it.

As to the men, it's clear that 'bragging rights' are as much on the line as the purse and the title. Ricky wants to crush Paul, Paul wants to show Ricky who is boss (not to mention the 5-peat).

Going to be an interesting tournament, to be sure. And a whooooooole lotta fun...

I thought it was interesting during the live podcast that Catrina Allen feels 'disrespected' because she's only won one (1) World Championship while others have won multiple titles. She said it burns a fire in her to win more than one World title in order to be respected.

They did put out that special edition disc with multiple World title winners (McBeth, Nate Doss, Schultz, Climo; Korver, Pierce, Val Doss, etc.), and Catrina's name is not on it.

As to the men, it's clear that 'bragging rights' are as much on the line as the purse and the title. Ricky wants to crush Paul, Paul wants to show Ricky who is boss (not to mention the 5-peat).

Going to be an interesting tournament, to be sure. And a whooooooole lotta fun...

Where can I find that? On the live broadcast of her round today,or a different podcast?

Well, she needs to win another title and stop whining. :rolleyes:

#GoLiterallyAnybodyElseintheFPOField.

Last edited:
Forgot about Cam Colglazier, could definitely see him making the finals. He's -7 through 11 right now.

Forgot about Cam Colglazier, could definitely see him making the finals. He's -7 through 11 right now.

Out of everybody still playing I'd agree. He might make the lead card depending on how he finishes. Plenty of holes left.

Where can I find that? On the live broadcast of her round today,or a different podcast?

Terry & Dixon were talking about it during today's broadcast. Not sure exactly when, towards the end, I think. Terry was paraphrasing her.

Anybody else not looking forward to watching Nikko play live? I can barely tolerate watching him in edited rounds, tomorrows broadcast is going to be like nails on a chalkboard to me after every shot of his.

Well, she needs to win another title and stop whining. :rolleyes:
#GoLiterallyAnybodyElseintheFPOField.

IMHO this is not whining, but motivation. The point is that it is something that drives her to win, something that burns in her belly to win another one. We'll see if it happens...

It was part of the live broadcast, with the announcers talking about it somewhere on the back 9 holes... maybe hole 14 or 15.

How many events has McBeth lit on fire to gain ground the final round and win? He seems to thrive on the pressure. Not saying that's the reason he won, but I am saying that kind of intensity isn't something that can be maintained for a week-long event. If he's going to come out guns blazing I hope he saves a little just in case.

All the better for McBeast. In the past, he's started slow and caught up and zoomed past. Now, he's getting out to a fast start, and one would think he'll only get better from here.

As for "saving some of it', this is not the Kentucky Derby or the Belmont Stakes. There's no reason to believe that a sufficiently motivated McBeast can't keep it going through the finish. Likewise, there's no reason to believe that Sockbomb won't keep the pressure on as he wants to win himself.

Through lack of injuries, this is going to be a great Worlds...

Anybody else not looking forward to watching Nikko play live? I can barely tolerate watching him in edited rounds, tomorrows broadcast is going to be like nails on a chalkboard to me after every shot of his.

Funny how divisive he is. I always root for him. He's one of the nicer more approachable pros in person. And he's really good...

Funny how divisive he is. I always root for him. He's one of the nicer more approachable pros in person. And he's really good...

He probably is nice off the course, 99.9% of people are. I just can't get over his attitude on the course. I'm sure hes a perfectly decent human being.

Pbmercil is probably is nice off the forum. 99.9% of people are. I just can't get over his attitude on the forum. I'm sure hes a perfectly decent human being.

Latest posts