• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

jvphobic

Double Eagle Member
I figured I would start the thread. Here is a link to the broadcasts. We will be broadcasting each day of Worlds. We will also be pushing out on FB live and probably the PDGA YouTube and FB as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/smashboxxtv/feed?activity_view=6

To be honest, I don't know the exact start times yet. Once I do, I will update the times accordingly. We are still in communication with the PDGA as far as who and when we will cover each day. Our goal is to cover 2 rounds of FPO and 2 rounds of MPO, MPO Semis, and Both for Finals. But as we all know, certain things are always up in the air.

We hope that you enjoy the coverage.

Did I forget anything?

They've been giving winners more time to celebrate, recently, which is awesome.

IIRC, there was an issue where Terry jumped so fast to interview a winner, that the winner had not had time to sign his scorecard, holding things up. After that, Terry started backing off a bit and letting them get the paperwork out of the way first...

C
After that, Terry started backing off a bit and letting them get the paperwork out of the way first...

Welp. The last tourney footage I watched wasn't so. He stalks them like a gazelle and hunts him down, tried to wiggle his way in between mj and Bradley shaking hands and then swoops to the other side... If this dosent work out, there's always TMZ. :thmbup:

Hr. 4:00 http://youtu.be/E4XuxtK84TY

All they need to do is have a media meeting with the top 5 in contention before the last round begins and tell them cameras will be following them after victory, but their victory celebration(s) will not be interrupted. Once it is over please walk to the (broadcaster) for a short victory interview.

I figured I would start the thread. Here is a link to the broadcasts. We will be broadcasting each day of Worlds. We will also be pushing out on FB live and probably the PDGA YouTube and FB as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/smashboxxtv/feed?activity_view=6

To be honest, I don't know the exact start times yet. Once I do, I will update the times accordingly. We are still in communication with the PDGA as far as who and when we will cover each day. Our goal is to cover 2 rounds of FPO and 2 rounds of MPO, MPO Semis, and Both for Finals. But as we all know, certain things are always up in the air.

Did I forget anything?

If possible.....icons showing hole #, length, par at the drive for each player. And if possible, always show the player's score (round/tournament) who is being shown. Thx for the coverage!

sounds like the root of the problem isn't penises vs vaginas... but rather bad course design, yeah?

I'd say only partly due to course design. I think the trouble with Worlds in particular (which will be less of one in future with the split) is that because of the range of skills across the divisions and the time crunch involved, some of the courses used by MPO aren't necessarily suited to them. They're perfectly good courses, but better suited for the 940-1000 rated range (which the top FPO players fit into perfectly). So watching the FPO play gives you a better idea of how the course was designed to be played. They're throwing a full complement of shots where the MPOs tend to stick to the hyzer bombs or discing down to mids when most mere mortals would still need a full driver.

Count me disappointed that there isn't an MPM round on the docket for the week. Still fun to see guys like Climo, Schultz, etc play. Oh well, it's going to be fun to watch regardless.

I'd say only partly due to course design. I think the trouble with Worlds in particular (which will be less of one in future with the split) is that because of the range of skills across the divisions and the time crunch involved, some of the courses used by MPO aren't necessarily suited to them. They're perfectly good courses, but better suited for the 940-1000 rated range (which the top FPO players fit into perfectly). So watching the FPO play gives you a better idea of how the course was designed to be played. They're throwing a full complement of shots where the MPOs tend to stick to the hyzer bombs or discing down to mids when most mere mortals would still need a full driver.

Count me disappointed that there isn't an MPM round on the docket for the week. Still fun to see guys like Climo, Schultz, etc play. Oh well, it's going to be fun to watch regardless.

Fair point and I agree. For an event as prestigious as Pro Worlds, they really need to courses tailored to a specific skill-set. This is why I think splitting up Pro Worlds is a good idea.

Fair point and I agree. For an event as prestigious as Pro Worlds, they really need to courses tailored to a specific skill-set. This is why I think splitting up Pro Worlds is a good idea.
If it were truly matching courses to skills, it would make more sense to have MPO at one Worlds and FPO with the other 40+ pro divisions. But that's unlikely to happen. The top FPO skill set is blue level and roughly matches the top Sr. Grandmaster men. ;-)

Last edited:
If it were truly matching courses to skills, it would make more sense to have MPO at one Worlds and FPO with the other 40+ pro divisions. But that's unlikely to happen. The top FPO skill set is blue level and roughly matches the top Sr. Grandmaster men. ;-)

That's what I was thinking and wanted to say, but I didn't want to be the one to stir the pot like that... too many softies running amok on this site. All I could think of was the huge World Tour debacle regarding the one division, one champion. :popcorn:

Few thoughts on Worlds-

Interested to see where Barry ends up, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the lead card at some point during the week.

Both Eagle and Uli seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I'd give the nod to Uli over Eagle, as Uli has the experience.

At the end of the day though, if someone other than Rick or Paul is going to win, it will be Nate. If Nate keeps his inside the circle putting percentage in the 90s, watch out.

Did I forget anything?

Can't wait.

Anything in the works for a partner for Terry? I'd love it if Dixon could jump on the mic when he's not playing - I think he's playing Masters, yes? Or is he playing open? Madison is great also. Dana, not so much. (JK, Dana's great... Sort of... ;))

Few thoughts on Worlds-

Interested to see where Barry ends up, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the lead card at some point during the week.

Both Eagle and Uli seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I'd give the nod to Uli over Eagle, as Uli has the experience.

At the end of the day though, if someone other than Rick or Paul is going to win, it will be Nate. If Nate keeps his inside the circle putting percentage in the 90s, watch out.

Assume you mean Sexton, not Doss?
And I might be inclined to throw Bradley Williams into the conversation.