• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Aussie Open DGWT Event Discussion

The solution is simple - SSA is a better gauge than "par" to compare your score to in the grand scheme of things.

How close you shot to a scratch disc golfer's 1000+ rated past round is much more definitive.

Sometimes a wooded shorter course like Cranbury Park in CT the SSA is very close to par fifty four - 51 strokes, and sometimes Cedar Hill in TN a variable course that is long epic wooded, open, lots of major elevation changes and wind that is par 60 the SSA is still low 50's (52) because enough 1000 rated players shot those scores on that particular course.

Scoring using par is super useful from a quick mathematical sense though. From there you can compare par to what the SSA score is for further analysis.

Oh my god I seem to be wading into a par discussion...

Par is the next-to-last step in the de-evolution of a disc golf discussion, right before comparing someone to Hitler.

Aussie Open event thread officially derailed by Hitler and "What is Par?"

So are you saying Jussi defines par like Hitler?

Aussie Open event thread officially derailed by Hitler and "What is Par?"

So are you saying Jussi defines par like Hitler?

Choose your preferred response:

A. My joke-recognition algorithm assigns that statement a probability of 98.3% (uh, ha ha?), but I'm nonetheless compelled to correct some factual errors. Jussi doesn't define par, the rules do. The TD of the event determines par - that is, the particular number that is assigned to each hole for an event. That's not Jussi, it was Robert Kyle. And, I wasn't comparing anyone to Hitler. Yet.

B. What would par be if it was defined like Hitler?

I think it's a great idea - you mean similar to how you click on the players name and get the profile pop up? That would help both me and you!

If you're on Facebook, send it to them in a message. They're pretty responsive.

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I do not "Facebook", share it with Jussi and tell him it was your idea it might pull more weight :thmbup:

I hate to add to the bump up of this thread but....

Someone please tell lyleoross that the Aussie Open HAS BEEN OVER FOR A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Please quit talking about it....:doh::wall::doh::wall:

This was an awesome season opener and primer for the season ahead and she's done!

/end thread :D

Last edited:
Since this thread is still alive and kicking - some interesting info about SpinTV's next event will be made public on the /r discgolf podcast. I believe it's Wednesday 2/8 at 6:30pm. :) :)

I hate to add to the bump up of this thread but....

Someone please tell lyleoross that the Aussie Open HAS BEEN OVER FOR A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Please quit talking about it....:doh::wall::doh::wall:

This was an awesome season opener and primer for the season ahead and she's done!

/end thread :D

Wait... you extended a thread you're not interested in by telling people to end it? Someday a grad student is going write their thesis on that phenomena.

Steve and Lyle are SOOOOOO WROOOOONGGGGG for so many reasons about this PAR stuff.

But I wont extend this discussion in the Aussie Open Thread.

Trust me. My opinion would be great. I would argue this point bigley. It would be a very very good argument. It would be very great.

Steve and Lyle are SOOOOOO WROOOOONGGGGG for so many reasons about this PAR stuff.

Trust me. My opinion would be great. I would argue this point bigley. It would be a very very good argument. It would be very great.

But do you have great people to tell you that your argument is good? Because my argument is very good, and I have the best people backing me up. Believe me.

Looking forward to your new thread.

(There's no "e" in bigly.)

Listen we don't need so called dgcr ace member @SteveWest pointing out spelling errors. FAKE POSTS. We know what we are saying and our power to post the real alternative facts is undeniable.

Latest posts