• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

I noticed that Discraft just announced on FB that they will be revealing this years disc "soon." Whatever that means...Are they really going to do that "soon" or does "soon" mean August 1st?

Many years ago, they would wait until they shipped the first weekends discs before they announced the disc. The last few years it as been around mid-July. This gives the first Ace Race's an idea of what they disc is before they order.

I noticed that Discraft just announced on FB that they will be revealing this years disc "soon." Whatever that means...Are they really going to do that "soon" or does "soon" mean August 1st?

In other news, I only have 6 people signed up for my event and it's happening on 8/20. I'm kinda freaking out a little since I've never done one of these and I cannot afford to buy 14 packs on my own (to meet the 20 pack minimum) with the hopes of selling enough on walk-up business. Should I be worried? Do I need to step up my promotional game?

I'm talking it up a lot around here, me and a buddy are already signed up and I have 3 more on the bubble.
It will be fine.

Your tourney is still over a month away, maybe you'll get a big bump two weeks out?

have you blown up all of social media and your local newspaper? What about a skywriter?

Your tourney is still over a month away, maybe you'll get a big bump two weeks out?

Hopefully before that. 2 weeks is when the order to Discraft is due.

have you blown up all of social media and your local newspaper?

Press releases were sent out Sunday to local TV, paper and radio outlets. Haven't heard a peep. I've border-lined spammed everywhere I am aware of that the local dg'ers inhabit online.

What about a skywriter?

(Not sure if serious or trolling :| )

I donno, I'm sort of at peace once and for all about the whole thing. No more freaking out. We get 20 people by 8/5 then I make the order. If not, I make a bunch of refunds via PayPal and I spend the 20th playing disc golf instead of an Ace Race. Whatever. I'm doing everything I can think of that doesn't cost a fortune so as far as I'm concerned it's up to dg community to respond. Of course, if I don't get enough and end up canceling its sure going to have a rather significant impact on whether or not I run tournaments in the future. :\

-Dave

I think you'll get a bump in a few weeks. Lots of procrastinators and people waiting to see if their schedule opens up for it. And I wasn't trolling about skywriting, just good-natured messing with you. Though it'd be interesting to see. Some basic info in cloud form and a big basket drawn out in clouds.

I think you'll get a bump in a few weeks. Lots of procrastinators and people waiting to see if their schedule opens up for it. And I wasn't trolling about skywriting, just good-natured messing with you. Though it'd be interesting to see. Some basic info in cloud form and a big basket drawn out in clouds.

lol ok...Pretty sure skywriting might be a touch out of my budget. :D

We get 20 people by 8/5 then I make the order. If not, I make a bunch of refunds via PayPal and I spend the 20th playing disc golf instead of an Ace Race.

I understand having a cutoff number, but I personally would't use 20. You would be surprised how many last minute sign ups you have.

First time I ran one in 2009, I had 15 registrations when it was time to turn in the order. Took a leap of faith and order 25. Turns out all of the extra 10 were spoken for well before the Ace Race.

Also, if you do get stuck with a few, would not be terribly hard to wholesale off a few to get your money back.

I would think we should be getting close to the disc announcement.

I am thinking it might be a mid-range. Although their line-up is pretty solid, they have not had a mid-range Ace Race in awhile. Excluding the 2012 Zombee which was more of a tweener, you would need to go back to the 2010 Hornet.

I would like to see a good approach/throwing putter in the new Jawbreaker plastic. Suppose to have a bit more glide to it than their other plastics. Seems like it would be a nice way to show off the new plastic and new disc at the same time.

I would like to see a good approach/throwing putter in the new Jawbreaker plastic. Suppose to have a bit more glide to it than their other plastics. Seems like it would be a nice way to show off the new plastic and new disc at the same time.

Roach?

I'd bet plastic that it's going to be an updated XL.

I'm feeling something like a Buzzz OS but beaded (Retooled Hornet). I had a Ace Race Hornet but it sadly got misplaced "(where did that disc get off to?)"

Latest posts