• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 DGPT Championship Charlotte, NC Oct 18- 20

I say this all the time, and it's never any less-true: I prefer watching the Ladies play.

Now, you might think it's for different reasons. Argue amongst yerselves, if you like. I won;t take any bait.

For me, it just seems like they're more pleasant people, for one. Smiling and laughing and having a good time - surprise, surprise. It IS supposed to be fun...

But also, and more importantly, it's because they don't have their egos tied to how far they can bomb plastic. I see it in ball golf, too. They're just smoother, slower into their groove, so to speak. Any time I watch female golfers of any stripe, it always reminds me to breathe deeper, move more deliberately, and to just slow the eff down on everything. God bless 'em.

I bet they smell a lot better than the dudes, too. :thmbup:

If Nate keeps saying Chickenson in reference to Chris Dickerson, using terrible puns, and flirting with his wife, then I'm going to .... put him on mute.

If I'm being serious, I hope he stops.

Of the 8 players who earned a bye to the quarter finals, only 2 advanced to the semis. The other 6 semifinal qualifiers also played this morning.

First round bye, advanced to the semifinals: Gibson, Perkins
First round bye, did not advance to semifinals: Freeman, Hannum, Frescura, Presnell, Koling, Queen
Played first round, advanced to semifinals: Brathwaite, Johansen, Dickerson, Melton, Montgomery, Oman
Played first round, did not advance to semifinals: Dollar, Earhart

Is getting a first round bye an actual advantage? At the very least, it bumps you into the second round of payout without risk.

Of the 8 players who earned a bye to the quarter finals, only 2 advanced to the semis. The other 6 semifinal qualifiers also played this morning.

First round bye, did not advance to semifinals: Freeman, Hannum, Frescura, Presnell, Koling, Queen
Played first round, advanced to semifinals: Brathwaite, Johansen, Dickerson, Melton, Montgomery, Oman

Is getting a first round bye an actual advantage? At the very least, it bumps you into the second round of payout without risk.
Although it's less efficient for the event, may need to play just one round per day so half the players haven't warmed up for a second round that day?

Lol Choakley has a caddie with a DD jumpsuit and "Oakley" across the back and is absolutely crapping the bed. I love it.

The caddy you are mocking happens to own one of the biggest community involved disc golf stores in the Carolinas

The caddy you are mocking happens to own one of the biggest community involved disc golf stores in the Carolinas

I think he's ribbing Oakley, not his caddy. ;)

Keller gets it :clap: of course I do question the caddie's decision making process. If your going to rock a jump suit with a name on it...he should have at least picked a better player to caddie for instead of the Choakley. What shop does he own? I've never heard of whoever that is down in here in SC.

I think you are reading too much into it.

6 of the 9 highest rated players (Perkins and Gibson tied at 1019) advanced or shot well enough to advance and lost on points (Koling). My belief is that Chris and MJ would have advanced regardless of whether they played in the morning or not. Chris is the highest rated player of the group by a good bit and MJ is the second highest rated and lives at Hornets Nest. Colten is the only one you might consider an outlier.

Whats up with Paige P. . .she is missing her lines WAAAY right

Never seen her miss by THAT much. . this is beginner level bad

Seems like it might be fairer and more exciting if 8 MPOs advance to the Finals rather than just 4 AND count today's round going into tomorrow so the winner and final ranking is based on two rounds rather than one. There's too much variability in normal performance, and playing this course in particular, to where two rounds combined would give a better indication of their performance. Same thing with the women. Have the 8 women who played today carry over their scores into tomorrow and play again in the finals. The bottom four in both finals would only win what they would have won if they had been eliminated the day before under current rules.

Seems like it might be fairer and more exciting if 8 MPOs advance to the Finals rather than just 4 AND count today's round going into tomorrow so the winner and final ranking is based on two rounds rather than one. There's too much variability in normal performance, and playing this course in particular, to where two rounds combined would give a better indication of their performance. Same thing with the women. Have the 8 women who played today carry over their scores into tomorrow and play again in the finals. The bottom four in both finals would only win what they would have won if they had been eliminated the day before under current rules.

You're presuming that a better indication of their performance is the goal.