• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I heard that McBeth's bag will be full of all the ace race discs, including the ones that didn't make production!

Smashing chains with the Zeppelin all day!

I don't think that poster is real. Too many things don't add up right now for me.

First - Discraft would be stupid to fade Doss off of his discs, I don't think it's gonna happen like that.

Second - I think Paul will opt for a Wasp, or a new mid, over a Buzzz. Just speculating here based on the way he liked to throw the Roc3's. I don't think a Buzzz sets up for that shot as well, and though obviously he could learn...see the first point.

Also - why is it that so few companies in disc golf have a healthy PR routine down? DGPT last week, now Discraft this week, just botching things that should be 101 level IMO. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Now the question becomes: Kevin Jones goes to...? And, who else supports Paul at DC? And what about the others?

As a very small sidebar, Rebecca Cox re-signed with L64.

I don't think that poster is real. Too many things don't add up right now for me.

First - Discraft would be stupid to fade Doss off of his discs, I don't think it's gonna happen like that.

Second - I think Paul will opt for a Wasp, or a new mid, over a Buzzz. Just speculating here based on the way he liked to throw the Roc3's. I don't think a Buzzz sets up for that shot as well, and though obviously he could learn...see the first point.

Also - why is it that so few companies in disc golf have a healthy PR routine down? DGPT last week, now Discraft this week, just botching things that should be 101 level IMO. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Maybe the McBeast line is a different mold. Maybe the McBeast Buzzz is basically a Roc3?!

Just thinking out loud.

With DGPT not getting any of that sweet Jomez or CCDG YouTube money the last three years, and with Discraft spending what is probably all of their money on Paul, probably not a lot of money left over for PR. /s

There's literally a huge picture on the very top of the website with him holding a swirly ESP mid and rockin a Grip Bag on his shoulder

Those shoes he's wearing look weird as hell though. Anyone know what they are? Golf shoes?

I thought that video was great. Jomez did a fantastic job capturing the reveal, and Discraft also. What do you see them botching?

There's literally a huge picture on the very top of the website with him holding a swirly ESP mid and rockin a Grip Bag on his shoulder

That looks like Turner Park here in DFW, looking up towards the pavilion near #15(?) basket. Where that pic was shot is not actually part of the course.

So if he didn't play in the VPO a few miles away this past weekend, what was he in Dallas for? Just these pictures? Seems odd.

That looks like Turner Park here in DFW, looking up towards the pavilion near #15(?) basket. Where that pic was shot is not actually part of the course.

So if he didn't play in the VPO a few miles away this past weekend, what was he in Dallas for? Just these pictures? Seems odd.

He was part of a trick-shot video that Jomez filmed with Simon and Brodie Smith.

Any thoughts on why Gregg Barsby, Eagle McMahon, and Paul Ulibarri are the names listed on McBeth's card in the Jomez reveal video?

I thought that video was great. Jomez did a fantastic job capturing the reveal, and Discraft also. What do you see them botching?

I wasn't as crazy about this reveal video, tbh. It didn't emotionally move me like their (Jomez's) USDGC hype. Partially due to the intense amount of hype that has been building for the last 3 weeks on social media, the video didn't quite satisfy.

If the video is/was part of a bigger campaign? Sure. But to be the flagship announcement? It's just lacking compared to the gravitas of this move.

Then, you go over to Discraft website to see an awkwardly sized photo (I have 4K 27" monitors and it is overscaled on my screen) with an awkward font choice that has the kerning weirdly stretched, no team page built yet, and no real other announcement other than a vague "happy to have him" statement sent to Ultiworld DG?

Secondly (here's all that money I spent on film school coming in...LOL) - NEVER have a welcome picture with a sun setting. Sunsets in film language are synonymous with endings. It should be a sunrise REVEALING the move. It's a new day...etc...you get the idea...maybe not everybody can articulate this, but emotionally they feel it.

It's just hard for me to be excited when I don't feel the excitement from Discraft.

It's also super weird for it to be on Jomez's channel. I get that they're the biggest outlet, but this feels like Discraft isn't owning the move.

I could go on and get more nitpicky, but my point isn't to beat up on anybody, just to say that there are huge opportunities that are being missed right now. Now, at the same time, this could be only the beginning of their campaign (I'd expect more), but starting and finishing strong is so incredibly important on campaigns like this.

Here's how I'd do it, if anyone cares:
The Jomez clip that dropped needs to be the video that pops up on Discraft.com (like, flash player full screen, before you can click anything).

The main image needs to be a photoshop showing McBeth JOINING the superstars on the team. Doss has 3x World Titles + 1 Jr Title. He's the king welcoming the beast. Val has 4x titles, etc. They've signed more world titles in the last 2 years than they've won in the last decade...HYPE THE TOTAL X's!

The team page HAS to be somewhat filled out. You could do "mystery player" slots on the team that tease the upcoming signings, and reveal their pages once the contracts are inked.

Then...the iteration of that main image? Add each player as they sign and the final image is the filled-out, complete 2019 roster.

I mean those are off the top of my head. If I had a week of brainstorming with Paul and Discraft it'd be straight fire...and I'm not all that good at this.

Any thoughts on why Gregg Barsby, Eagle McMahon, and Paul Ulibarri are the names listed on McBeth's card in the Jomez reveal video?

Ok it makes sense now. That 'scorecard' graphic is made up. That is Turner Park in DFW. Paul came to film these promos and stuff in Dallas because Jomez was here to film the VPO.

Because the closest course was full of players practicing for that, they went down the highway to Turner.